Great Bear Wilderness on the road to a paradise
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
@Hydra set directly after this thread!

Huā and Hydra had departed the scene, leaving Ying to spend her time with blind men controlled by hormones. Huā was eager to go, the smell of her sister's heat causing her discomfort more than anything. As they left Huā would gaze up at the panther with a mix of wonder, fear, and respect, hesitant to speak first in the presence of the queen.

But she gathered up her courage in a moment's time, thinking her first words were a necessary in bridging the gap between their first meeting and this one: First, I want apologize you about last time. I am, er, no... was fool. Forgive me, She breathed with a dip of her head, though she continued to walk.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra walked with the she-wolf in silence for a brief time, gathering all of her bearings. There was much to think about; Revui and Arcturus had, to her knowledge, not yet reunited and Hydra was full aware of Arcturus and his resentment toward him then. She wondered if things might come to blows between them, and rather hoped not... but understood too well that this season made men far more neanderthal than anything else. It was what led Hydra to the conclusion that in all things, women were superior. The season could reduce some to simpering little things, as needy and as desperate as a newborn cub for sustenance—she discounted those in her consideration. Those sort were as good as men. And while she held her brothers in the highest esteem, she saw with her own eyes what the season did to them. They were not themselves.

Dirge should have taught them better, but it was not as though he could know how they would act. She would have him educate their sons on this, on how to behave. And her brothers too on how to be better too. None but Jarilo seemed to listen to her in reference to the season; at the heart of it, knew it was not disrespect. Arcturus had been doing much the same as she in seeking their enemy, and now Ying was in season. Time would tell what would be yielded from that. She hoped Revui would use his brain to pursue her, even if only just this once! 

Composed now, and her temper even, Hydra regarded the coastal wolf with an ear that swiveled in her direction as she spoke. Hydra's other senses were upon the erratic trail that had been left behind by the bloodied man with but half of a face, marking over them with the lift of her leg, or the kicking of dirt over the offending spot until the scent was covered by her own overpowering and dominant musk. 

Once the other had finished, Hydra looked to her, falling into step with the she-wolf. You did not know, and so there is nothing to forgive, Hydra drawled, her blue eyes regarding the sister of Ying. They were so very different both in constitution and looks, but there was no doubt that the same blood coursed between them both. Perhaps now, though, seeing what heat could bring to ones doorstep, Huā could understand Hydra's immediate reaction to her arrival in such a state. Hydra had only spoken with Ying in reference to thinking of pairing her with someone, and had only just met Huā when she had come to her then. 

But there was no residual anger for it. It had been an error that Huā had not once sought to defend upon the realization of it, and the respect given was therefore answered. Between them now was simply a clean and empty slate. Hydra's path was ever-changing, strange as Rose's path had been, to pay it due diligence and obscure it. What she had thought before came to light in her mind again, and before they delved into their talks of alliance Hydra thought it prudent to know: are you able to defend yourself, Huā? The injured male may be followed, and it will be us he finds first if he is being trailed and they are near, Hydra warned. Her senses were divided, though it looked as though they were for the dark-headed she-wolf alone as her eyes beheld her; an ear upon Huā, an ear upon the Wilderness surrounding them. Her nose was ever at work, searching for any strangers within the shadows further than her ears would permit her to hear.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Hydra's ability to wipe the slate clean like that shocked Huā. Huā, a girl who could hold feelings of paranoia tight to her heart for a long time, as she did with Rusalka, thinking the women still detested her. And she would've done the same with Hydra, ever-creeping in her shadow, until the woman put their misgivings aside. 

It was obvious- Hydra was not only a fantastic role model as a leader, but as an individual. She boasted a level head paired with a kind heart and a proud, fearsome determination. She was everything Huāzhen wished she could be, and so she hung tight to each word that fell from the panther's lips, hoping to learn and be inspired. 

When she speaks of defending herself, Huā gulps down a rock in her throat. I have little experience... but am not fighter. I know Ying want us to get more fighter... I never be...en the phys, physical type. But now I think, because of that man, and what you say about evil people, at the bay other day... maybe I should learn. She sighs, glancing back up at Hydra as if longing for input.

I'm sorry this is so short in comparison DFSCZDSCZ ;___,;
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Ying's sister explain, and nodded. Hydra drawled in turn, you need not be a fighter in full to learn to defend yourself. I think that much is essential, she shared, looking to the shadowed path ahead of them. It is why I have taught my cubs, and why I teach my family. I cannot be everywhere to protect them, just as Ying cannot, Hydra looked back to Huā now, ears cupping forward. It was for Ying's love of Huā that she wanted her sister to learn. I do not think it could hurt you to learn, if that was what you decided to do, she hummed. Then and there Hydra could not teach her, given the importance of the task at hand. 

She did not want that rodent-scented man within this Wilderness. The one who attacked the male you did not see before, with the eaten face... he was described to me as wolf with fur like wet and dry sand, and with green eyes. He smelled all too similar to a rat, she drawled, muzzle wrinkling. A strange scent for a wolf to carry, but one she was well acquainted with due to Vengeance's once companion. and that same wolf devoured wolf was fleeing, I would think... and left this trail here. It is important we cover it, should he be followed, she explained what she was doing, so that Huā would not think her attentions were divided for an inappropriate reason.

That being said, a measure of it was upon Huā; she understood that she had wanted to speak with her, and listened to her as well as the Wilderness around them.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
eep!!! SO sorry for the wait on this!

Hydra spoke wisely of what she knew of defense, protection- how she had taught her own cubs. Thinking of what was possibly brewing within Huā herself made that statement speak to her more- if she really was pregnant, she would have children to protect. She was not a mother yet, and could not yet know the strength of motherly love, but still she could not imagine allowing harm to befall any of her children. Hydra summarizes that it would not be a bad idea to pursue the trade. Maybe not as her livelihood, Huā thinks, but it would be nice to be able to hold her own in battle. If it ever came to such things. 

The panther moves on to speaking of the strange events that had unfurled in the past hour. A face-eating rat man who left his trail behind; Huā could smell it. As Hydra worked to cover it, the siren almost felt useless- as if she should be helping, somehow- but she figured her assistance would just pollute the place with more foreign scent. For a moment Huāzhen considers it all, the strangeness of the monsters that lurked in the wilderness. Hydra, between this rat-wolf who eat other wolf, and cruel people you speak of, that day at the bay... there are evil people everywhere. What... what you intend to do? Or, um, how I can help you? To some Huā may have sounded foolish, but she was a young leader after all. No experience yet in real conflict, she was just beginning to learn the responsibility. What it took to lead. And there was no leader better to learn from than Hydra herself, who dominated the entire wilderness under her mighty paw and handled insubordination swiftly and intelligently.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
ME TOO BOO. I'll be getting better <3 Just neeeded a chill stay at home do nothing few weeks, LMAO.

The question was a good one, and one that Hydra had considered at great length. Kill them, she answered succinctly and without preamble. Her gaze shifted to the black-headed she-wolf as she shifted her weight to accomodate the redistribution of it while she kicked backwards over the blood Rose had left behind him. And train my subordinates how to defend themselves and kill them too, should they encounter them. That is my hope at least, she rumbled in answer. It was her hope, at least. She would do what she could.

I want the Wilderness to be ready for them, as a whole. I want us all to work together to take down our common enemy, she explained. Hydra's gaze shifted away from the Empress as she considered, before looking back once more. I would like for you to be ready yourself; perhaps... open your mind to your sisters own teachings, she advised. Hydra did not wish for her to be taken advantage of, and there would only be more blood for her to shed should this come to pass.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
no worries!! always good to take some downtime

Death. Huā was vengeful, maybe not violent but a grudge-holder indeed- and death seemed a proper crime for a killer. She was not the executioner, never- but would never protest if Hydra or her army were to do such a thing. As for training, it was not something the empress herself was capable of, but she knew a certain pale warrior who could do such a thing. And whom had desired to fo such a thing for a while now. 

As Hydra turned the respobsibility back onto Huāzhen, she was nervous, yet felt ready for it. To be part of a great scheme, a great alliance, it was not something she could let go to waste. Very well, then. Even if I not fight well myself, perhaps I let my sister do what she want to teach people. Include me, if she wish... I think also, I consider promote her, so she can do job better... But she felt she was rambling, thoughts trailing out of her lips, and she stopped herself. Who else part of alliance? Yourself, and... Neverwinter Forest too? She questioned instead, ears pricked forward curiously.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was glad to hear of the darkheaded womans desire to implement her sisters training. It would be good for the woman herself, and her pack... and, as for Ying's promotion, Hydra thought it was a good idea. The woman had all the stuff of a leader, and certainly the mind for it. It would be to the others benefit, she figured... and might temper her sisters desire to seize ultimate control, too. While Hydra was more inclined to support the others sister for her knowledge of her at present, and even their friendship that had been cultivated, ultimately she wanted peace... and for Ying to be happy, with that. 

As for the alliance itself, Hydra nodded. Neverwinter was a part of it for this cause, given they were likeminded that wolves such as Merrick and his lot were better off dead or else far, far away from them. Hydra's harsher frame of mind lingered on the former where Mal's likely was on the latter. Who else, though? I intend to see if wolves allied with Moonspear might join this cause, too, she drawled, though it had been difficult to start moving those pieces in her own changing condition, though that might take me some time.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
let's close this up :) I'll be sending hua back for another meeting once she can travel again! :D

Hydra spoke on wolves allied with Moonspear joining in the cause. Well- Huā certainly wanted to assist, even if far away. She had a couple warriors, a couple scouts, and would likely gain more in the coming months. Hell, she was willing to send some on a mission if necessary- even if that meant traveling for a couple weeks. 

Well, Hydra, She hummed thoughtfully, You always have Yuèlóng help, if you wish. I will make sure my people know who look for. And, with a thoughtful tilt of her head, Perhaps train more in self-defense, too. A glance to the sky told her of all the time that had passed, and with the chaos of the day and her unknown budding pregnancy, Huā had grown tired. A bashful look to Hydra then, I should be head home, now.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's tail waved slowly in hearing her companion state their solidarity to the cause at hand. Thank you, she rumbled in earnest, and added, I think that would be wise. Learning self-defense could never be a bad thing, she did not think. It could only help, and the alternative was being vulnerable to things they knew were out there that would, beyond any benefit of a doubt, take advantage of that. When the other mentioned they should return home, the matriarch nodded in understanding. Hydra herself had a ways to go to be rid of this scent trail, though she wished the other leader well on her journey home before continuing on her way. 

yay! <3 <3 <3 i'll go ahead and archive w my fading post <3