Lion Head Mesa Malasana
94 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Private 
It was westward that Sakai was pointed by the Queen, for him to seek out his captain at his leisure. The silver coated man felt rather leisurely this clouded day, so he figured he would go find the den of @Sabah. Dry winds felt cooler upon his face than they did yesterday, but not by much. He reveled in it for a moment, slowing his gate while closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath. Finally, the loner felt a semblance of being home again. 

He soon arrived upon a den, but was it the den he was looking for? "Sabah? Jodai?" He really had no idea how to address the superior. These both seemed like pretty safe choices. After his last interaction, peeking into the throne room and scaring the shit out of both him and the Queen herself, Kai dare not enter. He could see Sabah being a bit less forgiving for such an intrusion. "It's your mazoi, Sakai." The Jodai's scent lingered heavily with the winds that engulfed him.
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
From inside the den, Sabah raised her head. The small woman abandoned the restructuring of her sleeping space, slowly slithering from inside via an upward crack.

A mazoi was upon her door, and as Jodai, as his captain, she would have to answer this face to face.

Peace, Mazoi. She stepped down from her upward position, giving a friendly wave of her tail.

I am Sabah, Jodai, but you appear to already know that. It is nice to meet you, Sakai.
english · greek · thieves cant
94 Posts
Ooc — Maria
Sakai gave himself a mental pat on the back for not fucking up two meet and greets in one day. His superior offered a slightly tail wag as she emerged from her den, stepping nearer his own level. A curt bow of his head was exchanged before Sakai continued.

"Nice to officially meet you, as well. I've been meaning to come make your acquaintance. I hope this is an okay time for you. I seem to be having the worst luck with timing today."

Kai took a moment to appreciate the slight Jodai before him. A soot covered woman who bore many scars, each with their own story. Her eyes seemed to glow softly in their color, but he knew better than to let sweet blue eyes mislead him. She could absolutely beat the shit out of him. "I'm somewhat new to uh... fighting. I mean, I've done it before don't get me wrong." His own thick pelt held no scars. "I'm more of a hunter myself. If you would ever be open to a spar, I'd appreciate any tips you may have."
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Sabah watched the man. He appeared to be of good stock, healthy and strong, and not talking back.

Sabah was maybe a bit over the moon about him not talking back. Sass was not something you typically look for in subordinates. She shook herself out of her backtalk-related thoughts, dipping her head to the peppered man.

Im rather new to the trade myself. But I’d be happy to spar, if you’re ever feeling up to it. The Jodai tipped her head to one side.

Have you been in Akashingo long?
94 Posts
Ooc — Maria
If he ever was feeling up to it. The sentence made the man reflect and look inward. Did Kai ever just want to fight for the sake of practice? No, not really. Yet this was the role he agreed to so the mazoi nodded with an understanding. Perhaps they would meet again soon and take it easy in their spar to start, just get the steps down.

"Not really." His broad shoulders rolled in an effort to release some tension he had been holding, sending muscles rippling under black fur. "I am new to this entire area actually, so still in my adventuring phase." The subordinate smiled in his boyish way. Adventuring was probably one of his most favorite things to do, so the idea of continuing to poke around these new lands brought him genuine feelings of joy. "What about you? How long have you been here?"
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
Sabah gave a grin, tipping her head to one side as she observed the Mazoi for a moment, before snapping back into the conversation.

Since early on, those first few days. Several months, now. She admitted, the Jodai tipping her head to indicate the way forward, and started walking.

I think best when walking and patrolling. It’s why I’m out here. Sabah twisted her head to indicate the surrounding area. Far away from the prying eyes and ears of the palace, a place where she was free to be herself.