Blacktail Deer Plateau shiver my timbers (join)
7 Posts
Ooc — Riven
"Ah," Kraken began cautiously, a bit suspicious that the older male wasn't chasing him off but silently thankful. "Sea witches," he explained, "she-wolves that live in coves, drawin' men away from their crews—er, packs—'n keepin' them captive 'til they have use fer them." The fact that Peregrine hadn't heard of the creatures comforted the boy, and he allowed himself to relax slightly. Perhaps he had put enough distance between himself and the Aegean Cove. In his juvenile naivety, Kraken didn't yet understand that less explanation was sometimes more, and felt that his story wasn't yet complete. After a pause, he rambled on with an openness and honesty that could only come from youth.

"I was born in Tortuga. I lived wit' me mom 'n a pair 'o sisters. Me mom was crap. Skull, me sister, died when we were still nursin' 'n she didn't even care," all of this was said very matter-of-factly, Kraken's stormy blue eyes wide with earnest. "I was goin' to show mom that me 'n Bones be somethin' to be proud 'o, goin' to hunt 'n brin' back a wildcat or somethin', but th' sirens got me." It didn't occur to Kraken that his story might not be entirely believable to a landlubber, but it was true and his tone rang with the clear sound of sincerity. "Didn't like that much. I was supposed to fish fer them while they all pranced around seashells 'n sang 'bout th' ocean 'n th' moon. If I did somethin' they didn't like or got too close to th' borders they'd attack. When I saw me chance, I ran."

Suddenly aware that he'd been talking for sometime without letting the older male get a word in edgewise, Kraken lowered his ears in embarrassment and shrank slightly back, just in case he needed to start running again.
Messages In This Thread
shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 02, 2014, 09:55 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 09:10 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 03, 2014, 01:49 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 02:23 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 03, 2014, 03:34 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 03, 2014, 03:51 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 04, 2014, 11:36 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 04, 2014, 11:48 AM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Kraken Wolf - April 04, 2014, 12:57 PM
RE: shiver my timbers (join) - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 14, 2014, 09:26 AM