Redhawk Caldera something always brings me back to you.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
*pounces* Making some assumptions as I go about Elwood's reaction to Liffey's departure!

When Finley had first told Elwood what had happened with Liffey, he hadn't wanted to believe her. Why would Liffey leave Redhawk Caldera -- and without saying goodbye to her father or the rest of her family? But Finley had been distraught, and Elwood's heart sank with each passing minute. He knew that her relationship with their daughter had grown volatile as of late, but he just couldn't understand how it had erupted like that.

And now, his baby girl -- although really, she was anything but -- was who knows where, with a boy that Elwood hadn't even met. In classic Elwood fashion, he had comforted his wife and masked his own feelings; but the first night without Liffey had been hard, and he had slipped away from the rendezvous site to deal with his frustration and sadness alone.

However, time marched on like it always did, and the Blackthorn family was slowly on the mend. He woke that morning to a gentle touch to his muzzle, and his eyelids fluttered open in time to see Finley's form retreating through the tall grass. He stood and stretched, then followed her, but only after making sure that the firebirds were accounted for and would be in the presence of at least one adult when they stirred. He smiled at the sight of the four of them pressed to Raven's flanks, then meandered after Finley.

He found her seated near the graves of Peregrine and Fox and, without a word, he sat down next to her.
Messages In This Thread
something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 19, 2017, 07:58 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 20, 2017, 04:14 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 21, 2017, 11:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 23, 2017, 08:05 PM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Elwood - April 27, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: something always brings me back to you. - by Finley - April 28, 2017, 08:36 PM