Moonspear I try it to turn it down but I can't quite drown it out
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,991 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Just as she suspected, they were both resting, which boded well for recovery. Meerkat had just pushed away all thought of her vigils at the roja den when Bridget abruptly brought up the bear. Her insides went all twisty for a second, resisting this stark reminder of her family’s last days in Sapphique. Anyway, Bridget wasn’t asking about Quennell; she wanted to know what had brought about Chakliux’s injuries.

You know, I’m not sure, though I assume it was the cat that’s been stalking the Moon villages, Meerkat replied with a thoughtful frown, her lips twisting even further as a particularly strong lick of nausea rolled through her.

Breathing through it, Meerkat sank to her haunches. Perhaps she would wait for the invalids to wake. In the meantime, she didn’t mind chatting with Bridget, supposing the woman had the time to spare. There were probably other things she could be doing, like fetching medicines.

You’re from Brecheliant, right? she asked, still wondering how she might know of this woman previously.

She was certain they’d never met—she would absolutely remember someone like Bridget, especially with the missing leg—but maybe they shared a mutual acquaintance? Meerkat had many so many wolves over the years, particularly during that long stretch of search and rescue that had ended up burning her out, not long after Towhee’s snakebite

Wait a second, do you happen to know my mother, Towhee? she asked on a hitched breath.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: I try it to turn it down but I can't quite drown it out - by Meerkat - February 20, 2023, 01:17 PM