Bearclaw Valley a thing can be true and still be desperate folly
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
shiiiiit i'm sorry i thought i had responded to this. serves me right for not looking back in my threadlog

He didn't have to tell her twice. With no hesitation whatsoever, the girl summoned whatever energy she had left to fall upon the hare, devouring it in ravenous bites. Muzzle smeared with blood, breathing raggedly, she polished it off a few minutes later, blinking up at the mysterious man.

Her stomach was pained; she'd stretched it too far, after eating barely anything for days, weeks. She also felt a wave of exhaustion coming on, urging her back to slumber. But she was grateful, and she at least wanted to express her gratitude to the skinny wolf, who'd gone out of his way to be kind. Her mismatched eyes, though the lids drooped, were fixed on him.

"Thank you," Maegi whispered, her voice barely audible. "Thanks. Who. . .who are you?" she asked, natural curiosity still not thwarted by starvation, near-death, or trauma.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a thing can be true and still be desperate folly - by Maegi - June 30, 2018, 01:08 AM