Broken Boulder I don't know what you're expecting of me
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

The afternoon found Liri sweltering under direct sun. Her thick winter coat was shedding but not fast enough for her taste. She was accustomed to the cold tundras of the north, even here in the southern Taiga was too warm for her. 

If she spent too long in the sun, it felt as if she were practically melting. Thus, the healer chose to spend the hottest time of the day in the shady coniferous forest just beyond the Boulder. 

On the shady forest floor, Liri found a wide variety of plants and wild flowers. But only a few caught her attention. 

Around Bracken Sanctuary Liri had caught the scent of a few others, one in particular being another new female who appeared to be pregnant. 

The thought pained her. Liri wasn't sure she wanted to meet said female. Seeing another with pups would surely remind the still grieving mother of what she had lost. Still, she could not hide for the rest of her life. 

Liri was disrupted from her thoughts by the scent of sweet, tangy fruit. 

It was a raspberry patch. The tiny red berries were nestled amongst their fuzzy green leaves. Liri stopped for a moment to snap a few of the berries up in her mouth. The sour, citrus taste was not wholly familiar to the carnivorous huntress but food was food, as she had learned the previous winter.

After she'd eaten her fill of the berries, Liri began to painstakingly collect the leaves for the unknown mother-to-be.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Messages In This Thread
I don't know what you're expecting of me - by Síff - May 27, 2018, 03:14 PM