Heron Lake Plateau We might fall in love- or fall apart
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven had never been so close to panic in her life, but she forced herself to remain calm and think through the situation. His breathing, while slow, was regular, as was his heartbeat. He didn't seem to be in any immediate pain, and his body temperature felt normal. He was out cold, though, but there was something weirdly different about this compared to the average "knocked-out" state. She chewed her lip, her features knitted in an expression of helpless concern.

Her attention was so wholly focused on her brother that it took her a second to realize Niamh was speaking to her. "He's not just going to sleep forever..." The words hung over them like ominous thunderheads, and it took Raven a few beats to find her voice. "He could die," she said, her eyes grave and her voice somber. "Head trauma is bad, and there's...nothing I can do." That was the worst part of this whole thing: her overwhelming powerlessness. There was absolutely nothing she could do to help him, make him wake up, keep him alive. "We have to get him back home. I'm going to call for help. I don't want you exerting yourself -- you're most likely concussed too." Taking a few deep breaths to still her thoughts, she stepped aside and tossed up a howl for @Quixote, a note of urgency clear in the mellow tone of her voice.
Messages In This Thread
We might fall in love- or fall apart - by RIP Niamh - May 30, 2018, 11:23 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 02, 2018, 10:40 PM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 02, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 03, 2018, 12:25 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 04, 2018, 01:34 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 05, 2018, 12:34 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Quixote - June 05, 2018, 01:08 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 05, 2018, 02:22 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Quixote - June 06, 2018, 12:54 AM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Raven - June 07, 2018, 10:44 PM
RE: We might fall in love- or fall apart - by Quixote - June 08, 2018, 02:13 PM