Ravenshook Cliffs ...ready for it?
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Luckily for Towhee, there was a stony, misshapen lip about ten feet below the upper escarpment. Although the impact jarred her to the roots of her teeth, knocked the wind out of her and sent a whole new pain searing through her injured leg, she wasn't badly hurt. Her breath hissed through her teeth as she rolled onto her belly and simply sprawled there, trying to process what had just happened.

Something brushed against her and she startled so badly she nearly tumbled into the same void Screech had disappeared into; he had not been so lucky. Towhee gasped when she turned and saw X in a tousled heap, one bent wing outstretched so that the flight feathers brushed against her. Careful not to move too quickly, the yearling shifted to inspect her friend's body, a thrill going through her when his breast rose and fell beneath the dry leather of her nose.

"We're okay, buddy," she whispered into his plumage, "we're gonna be okay." She brought her forelegs around to cradle her friend—clenching her teeth against the pain in the right—and did not think of how the two of them were trapped here on this tiny overhang, in the dark, with no way to summon help. They were alive and, more importantly, Screech was gone.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 12:34 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 02:03 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 08:58 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 09:11 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 09:49 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 10:01 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Titmouse (Ghost) - June 26, 2018, 10:20 PM
RE: ...ready for it? - by Towhee - June 26, 2018, 10:32 PM