Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
Private 
@Dubloon

After waking by Colt's side, Niamh made the decision to revisit the cliffside where she'd found Towhee, just to see if his body had washed up, or if the ocean had claimed it. Part of her wanted proof that he was dead- she wanted to see his town, smashed up body being picked apart by gulls- just so she could satisfy a tiny, nagging voice that had been dogging her, insisting that unless there was a body, he could possibly have survived. It was too unlikely, she told it- but still, the thought remained, quietly simpering at the back of her mind, waiting for any bit of doubt to allow it to grow. 

But that wasn't the only part of her life that had succumbed to some small feeling of doubt. As she pulled herself from Colt's side, she looked at him for a moment, and moved forward to place a kiss on his cheek, as she usually did when she woke up- but why bother? Did he even want her to do that? Or was his lack of reciprocation a sign she was supposed to interpret as a quiet way of saying 'sorry, I'm not really all that into you,'? She refrained, and left quietly, leaving him to sleep in past the sunrise. 

By the time she got to the cliffs, those doubts had grown- both aboutb Screech and about Colt. She wasn't even entirely sure she wanted to return that night, just to see if he missed her. She needed some sort of sign from him that he cared, aside from the fact that he let her stay with him. But was that just a formality? Did he do it because he pitied her? She roved along the cliffside, gaze cast down along the rocks where the waves crashed, searching for any sign- a promise that she could at least lay one of her doubts to rest.
Messages In This Thread
The days are no longer my own - by RIP Niamh - July 02, 2018, 07:39 PM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by Dubloon - July 09, 2018, 12:25 PM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by RIP Niamh - July 13, 2018, 10:39 AM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by Dubloon - July 15, 2018, 01:03 PM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by RIP Niamh - July 15, 2018, 10:06 PM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by Dubloon - July 16, 2018, 12:37 PM
RE: The days are no longer my own - by RIP Niamh - July 16, 2018, 04:50 PM