Stavanger Bay than a breeze next to this night
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The answer that came was definitely not what the russet captain expected, and she frowned.  Did she not choose then?  When Rosalyn had imagined Erzulie's craft, she'd done so with the impression that the woman was selective as she wished, taking only those worth attention and leaving the rest.  Had any forced their way with her then?  The thought sat far less than easily.

Hopefully she was mistaken, as the next statement was fair shift from the previous in tone.  She met her gaze as well, and some of her troubled thoughts died down with Erzulie's seeming calm, but not all.  She knew it likely showed.

"You can afford to choose now," she responded, somewhat quieter.  She did not like the implication that the other woman did not see her own worth.  Rosalyn hesitated just a moment, then looked up and continued.  "I don't mind.  I'd not look to be the only one, because this is enough.  But I wouldn't be in company with those who aren't worthy of you, even if I happen to become one of them."  She glanced away as she said this; she'd been down that painful road before, after all, and didn't mind walking it again.  It was better than embracing a lie and finding out far later.
Messages In This Thread
than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 09, 2018, 12:37 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 09, 2018, 01:07 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 09, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 10, 2018, 12:24 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 11, 2018, 05:47 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 13, 2018, 08:56 AM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 18, 2018, 10:15 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 19, 2018, 10:40 AM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 21, 2018, 01:36 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 21, 2018, 10:48 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - August 28, 2018, 04:49 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - August 28, 2018, 07:45 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Erzulie - September 03, 2018, 01:30 PM
RE: than a breeze next to this night - by Rosalyn - September 04, 2018, 05:51 PM