Redtail Rise i see the exodus of light
enough is an illusion
53 Posts
Ooc — KJ
All Welcome 
personality shift development thread. aside from the facial wounds i want silkie to have: there may be additional wounds; it depends on how the first thread goes. this thread is meant to be flexible so that additional wounds, etc can be added in later on if need be. :-)
vol. ii of fall of a sparrow plot

there is a painful draw of breath that comes from the boy wedged against the a crevice at the rise's base, concealed by the deep emerald of a thick bush. it's twigs poke him in different places along his body as he curls in on himself. there is pain. and the defiant beating of his heart. they are his constant companions now. he does not remember how he's escaped or if the man'd let him go — maybe he was following him even now, allowing silkie the illusion of freedom. it doesn't matter to him at the moment. the pain is blinding and demanding until it is the only thought that consumes him. home. the juvenile wants to go home; back to the safety of drageda. away from the pain. but he knows that going home will not rewind time. it will not fix the wounds splicing across the flesh of his face. going home will not save him. he's met the monster and it's left it's mark upon him.

he shifts, testing out his limbs one by one. nothing feels broken that he can tell but the wounds on his face pulse and throb with white hot pain until, despite his best efforts, it is all he thinks about.

lost. of course he's lost, he scolds himself; he's never stepped foot outside of drageda's borders before. he doesn't know how to tend to the wounds, and they are left to cauterize on their own, occasionally tearing open. blood trickles down his pale fur, into his eyes where it burns and blurs his vision crimson. he can't hunt like this: in stinging agony and unable to see clearly.

his stomach rumbles in hunger.

slowly he pushes himself to shaking limbs. they are stiff from trying to make himself small. he's not small. not anymore. he almost tumbles back down but he presses himself tightly against the rock face at his side, using it for support as he smacks his lips together. he's hungry and his mouth is so dry. if nothing else he must find water. food ...he can scavenge from carcasses if need be. with vision partially compromised he must rely on his hearing to guide him to a body of water and thus relies upon it as he pushes off of the rough hewn rock and makes his way towards the heart of the half-burnt forest hoping that there is water untainted.
Messages In This Thread
i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 13, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 16, 2018, 05:48 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 17, 2018, 04:30 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 22, 2018, 04:51 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 02, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - November 03, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 08, 2018, 11:50 PM