Permafrost Hollows through indiscriminate suffering men know fear
1,335 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Master Warrior
she introduces herself to him as valkyr reigns and he has to stop the smirk that threatens to tug at the corners of his lips at her surname. reigns. he doesn't know it — at least not as a surname. but the implication behind it seems a little ...vainglorious and idly he wonders if it's a surname she chose for herself or if it's been passed down for generations. not that he has room for judgement on the vainglorious department ( because he does not ). it's a pleasure. and contemplates if he should revive ansbjørn as the surename he goes by. he hasn't ( if every ) gone by fearghal in a very long time and it's a name that belongs more to his father than it does him; and given what little he's heard about arturo fearghal over the years he'd much rather associate with the nightingale queen than the mobster.

i'd be more than happy to teach it to anyone that wants to learn it. he tells her, letting it be known by his words that it's not a pre-requisite for joining. he'll teach her ...as long as she wants to learn it and not because she thinks she needs to. tundrian is a connection to his mothers mieli; and through her and her bloodline he proudly carries his ancestors and the wolves of enok tundra. mostly it's just composed of stories my mother would tell me as a young boy. they're all i have left of her now. well except for my appearance but it's not like i can see it so — he trails off with a blasé shrug of his broad shoulders.

ambition as a driving force, i guess. i've always felt that ambition shouldn't be limited. the sky should be the limit so long as wolves are loyal and prove that they won't flee at the sudden appearance of a little trouble or hardship. hardship and trouble were ways of life around the wilds; tough times befell even the most prepared.

marking isn't the hard part, he chuckles, not realizing the train of information that's about to slam into him full force. ...until it does. oh. oh, he says dumbly, a perfect mimicry of his not-so-impressive inner monologue when she states — without coming right out any saying it verbatim — that she's starting to go into heat. that could be ...a problem. uh, how does one who just proclaimed himself lord superior of whatever little ambitious warden clan he's trying to build here handle that? he's never came into the situation before — and if he had he was too young to notice or care or be affected by it. ok. well first things first, i don't hate you for it. it's not like you can help it or anything. it was natural ...as would be every man within the proximity of her vicinity that could smell her when she became receptive. yet, undoubtedly, his handling of them would be much more aggressive and a helluva lot less understanding than his handling of her. i've never, ehm, hmm, he pauses. dealt with this kind of situation before. so don't worry about marking — i'd rather you didn't, especially when you, y'know become receptive — or, or whatever.

jesus.

and he thought losing his virginity was awkward. obviously, the thought that he'd ever have to talk about sex was never so much as a consideration. in hindsight, losing his virginity was a walk in the park in comparison.

well, there's a whole network of tunnels and caverns below the hollows. i hate to isolate you but it'll keep unwanted baby daddies off our turf and remind the males recruited that there is only one of us with free breeding rights. wow, that sounded a lot more pompous out in the open. his ears slick back to rest at half mast atop his crown. and that as a pack that's not even actually official yet cubs would be entirely irresponsible and risky. he would come to realize in time that his reputation for resisting as a young man experiencing breeding season for the first time is non-existent ( as of the moment he's just stupidly optimistic ).

don't worry about it. you can help out when it uh, your body doesn't want to do breeding things anymore.
me @ wintersbane
[Image: tenor.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: through indiscriminate suffering men know fear - by RIP Wintersbane - January 24, 2019, 03:05 PM