Cerulean Cape drove me like a magnet to the sea
4 Posts
Ooc — Henry
All Welcome 
lucia was sure that she had only survived the brunt of the winter through pure luck.

something, someone had to be smiling down upon her. in the warmest part of the day, the rawboned hybrid uneasily pulled herself from the den she'd secluded herself into. a violent shake was given to knock all the debris that clung to her fur away, and then she would dip down into a deep stretch. a small grunt came from her, and she would straighten herself back up. lucia's dry tongue pressed against the roof of her mouth and she'd produce a smack before attempting to clear her parched throat.

"saint? saint? dónde estás?" for a moment panic set in as she though that her only companion had finally left her. large ears pulled back and she sucked in a breath. she released it however when a caw rang out, and the familiar feeling of talons graced her pronounced spine. "oh, you scared me, pájaro." she giggled and then continued, "i'm so thirsty. we need to search for water." she announced as though the bird understood what she was saying- which some words he seemed to. she turned her raised head in the direction perched on her back as though she could see him, "water? agua?"

with that the ebony bird took off with a loud squawk, which the witch took to mean that he knew where some was. she'd follow after him slowly, and carefully. she didn't know this terrain. every now and then, she would trip herself up on a rock or a root. saint seemed to be patient enough, and would try to warn her before she ran into anything big. after a while of walking, the air began to taste different. there was a salt in the wind.

her brows furrowed curiously. this wasn't something she had ever experienced before. lucia followed on because she trusted her companion, but she was growing skeptical. the ground turned to uneven rock and then to coarse sand. something that reminded her of where she was born, except it wasn't so cold. the sound of the whispering surf intrigued her and she'd continue forward until waves splashed upon her front paws.

"you found it!" she called excitedly, but then the water pulled back and away from her. "huh?" she questioned, taking another hestitant step forward and allowing her paw to sink into the wet sand. when the freezing water returned to her she jumped backwards, and a squeak came from her bird.  she snorted and pushed forwards until the water covered her paws. there was something soothing about it, but she didn't ponder it much. she finally allowed her head to crane downards towards the water when she noticed that not only did it feel different, it smelled different too. there was something off about it that she didn't quite understand yet.

thirst took over though, and she'd relent and sink her tongue into the water. the sharp burn of salt caused it to retreat back into her mouth and her muzzle to curl. she'd gag to the soundtrack of saint's deep chattering. it was reminiscent of laughter, and a noise that she had heard far too often. ravens were known for their mischevious nature.

"what is this?!" she cried out as soon as she settled. "oh, you terrible bird! you have brought me to tainted water!" she scolded, though didn't turn her head in his direction. mostly because she didn't know where his direction was. "¡debería estrangularlo!" she huffed and pushed her lip out into a pout.
Messages In This Thread
drove me like a magnet to the sea - by Lucia De Las Arenas - January 14, 2019, 10:19 AM
RE: drove me like a magnet to the sea - by Ephraim - January 14, 2019, 01:56 PM
RE: drove me like a magnet to the sea - by Ephraim - January 20, 2019, 03:15 PM