Swiftcurrent Creek and maybe you're too good for me
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I trusted you. Hearing it out loud just reiterated what he had already been beating himself up over, and Kavik swallowed and closed his eyes, lifting his head to turn away from his betrayed packmate. Shame squeezed his chest again, and he felt his own eyes water a little as he listened to the sound of her sobbing. There was no making this better--nothing he could say or do would change what happened, and he felt helpless; it was a familiar feeling lately. If he had any doubts before, this pretty much confirmed that he was cursed. Somewhere, somehow, he had done something to warrant a hex on his life, and now she was paying the price, just like she and the rest of the plateau wolves had already paid the price when they lost their home. If he didn't have responsibilities, and wolves he cared about, and now children on the way, he would disappear, never to be a burden on anyone ever again.

He turned back to Myrren, watching her fall apart right in front of him. He placed his head on his paws directly next to where she was hiding her face between her own legs. I know, he whispered. I'm so sorry. There was nothing else he could do or say. I'm so sorry, he repeated. He was pretty sure he had never been more sorry about anything in his entire life.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 22, 2019, 02:20 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 23, 2019, 03:00 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 23, 2019, 03:29 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 23, 2019, 11:20 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 23, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 23, 2019, 02:57 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 23, 2019, 03:58 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 23, 2019, 04:22 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 24, 2019, 12:15 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 24, 2019, 01:09 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 24, 2019, 02:01 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 24, 2019, 10:27 AM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by Alessia - January 24, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: and maybe you're too good for me - by RIP Kavik - January 25, 2019, 01:05 PM