Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
All Welcome 
*rubs hands together* sry fam

the news had been broken; revui was now beta.

arcturus had stepped from his brother's company to stew over the news, fearing he could hold his composure no longer. learning of revui's ascension, arcturus primarily felt betrayed.. less-than... ignored. why hadn't he been good enough for his father? what made revui better?

they were of the same age, two peas in a pod -- if revui had been suitable for leadership, why hadn't he?

he wanted to feel proud of his brother, and he did. a big part of him knew his brother was a strong wolf, and would make a fearsome leader -- but did that always equal good? again, those needling thoughts of bitterness and self-doubt plagued him -- if revui's name was in the ring, why wasn't his?

he had sworn he would not make a fuss of it. he had sworn he would go on with life, unaffected by this upheaval. he had sworn he wouldn't throw a tantrum, or call attention to his sour grapes...

and then he did exactly what he swore he would not do. in a howl so furious, so wounded and full of hurt, arcturus threw back his head and demanded the presence of his parents for an explanation; @Amekaze for overlooking what had been under her nose faithfully since the day he was born, and @Charon for forgetting that it had been arcturus, not revui, that had done everything he had asked without him ever requiring to ask in the first place; be the son that never strayed or went wayward, and never once did something that cost the family greatly.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
Messages In This Thread
he said, 'my boy you've got to run,' - by Arcturus - May 21, 2019, 05:57 PM