Moonspear when i bled from the heart of the matter
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
And the lead the way he did.

Across the stream and into the forest, the pair were engulfed in their descent by the timber. Their conversation lapsed as Dirge made his way along familiar paths before forsaking them altogether to tear through the underbrush. It was better in this case to seize the opportunity of making haste, at least until they had reached the tipping point where such tactics were unnecessary.

It did not take long for that event to hit horizon, and the grounds leveled out in a matter of minutes for the short hike they made. It was there that he resumed his search, finding where the herd had been and where they had gone since. Here the ground was soft beneath their feet though not entirely devoid of stone, and both sight and scent guided him easily to follow in the herd's wake.

Soon thereafter, through a clever parting of wood, he spied them.

Ears cupping forward, his steps halted as he surveyed the expanse ahead of them, using what cover the area provided to keep him out of sight. He worried less about such for Jarilo, who seemed wraith-like enough to blend with deep greens and shadows alike. He sought the younger wolf with his gaze, pulling himself closer to formulate their plan.

”We've found the stragglers,” he murmured, ”what do you think? Worth the hunt?” The rest of the herd more than likely were ahead, somewhere in the dense wood. Tucked away with their babes somewhere neat and covered, somewhere that prying eyes would not find them easily. The deer were never stupid when they came across a territory chock full of wolves, at least not collectively.
Messages In This Thread
when i bled from the heart of the matter - by Jarilo - May 22, 2019, 08:12 PM
RE: when i bled from the heart of the matter - by Dirge - July 11, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: when i bled from the heart of the matter - by Jarilo - August 08, 2019, 10:18 PM
RE: when i bled from the heart of the matter - by Dirge - August 14, 2019, 05:10 PM
RE: when i bled from the heart of the matter - by Jarilo - September 15, 2019, 11:28 PM