Moonspear blood of my blood
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
@Antares @Vega @Atlas @Osiris — I will be PM'ng who will be who tomorrow; thanks y'all for the applications and the interest. You have made our decision SO difficult... and we love you guys for that! anyone that comes to close may be eaten

The past two days demanded she be here

Here was her whelping den, and she was restless. Hydra accepted the company of precious few, and there was no question amongst any of them that her time was near. The question that all dared not ask lest they face her simmering wrath was when? Hydra did not know it herself. Her own tongue dare not tempt fate and ask it, either. Let it come when it would. 

Her heart ached. Her body, too. And one day the ache was so terrible that she could bear it no more, and that was the day fate answered her with a contraction that changed anything and everything she had ever knew of pain. Pain was not the fang of an enemy; pain was not the betrayal of a loved one; pain was not seeing those you thought would walk the earth for eternity leave it before they could—

This was pain

It ripped through her and Hydra stumbled in her step, not at all expecting the strength of it. More likely than not, this was not her first. Her tolerance for pain was different than most, but she found it. Hydra bore her teeth, grit them, snarled loudly as she disappeared and found darkness. The pain was so great, Hydra swore she could see her mother, her father. She snapped them away, resistant even to them, and lay—

@Alya and @Lyra 

—And red and black. She did as her body bid her to do, and it took several hours until she looked upon not one, but four creatures by her side. When did that all happen? She had cleaned them of their sac, their blood, but at present could not remember a minute of their birth except for the pain they caused her. But there was no twist of resentment in her gut as she stared at them, only relief; four healthy babes. Suckling to their hearts content. None dead. They all lived. And Hydra called to none in this hour; likely her sisters knew, felt it, too, and would keep Dirge away for a time while her anger with him abated. 

It was not his fault she suffered through birth, but as some mothers are wont to do she was content to temporarily place the blame upon him.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
blood of my blood - by Hydra - June 17, 2019, 10:25 PM
RE: blood of my blood - by Arcturus - June 17, 2019, 10:35 PM
RE: blood of my blood - by Dirge - June 18, 2019, 06:33 PM
RE: blood of my blood - by Antares - July 13, 2019, 02:48 AM
RE: blood of my blood - by Atlas - July 13, 2019, 04:55 AM
RE: blood of my blood - by Osiris’s Ghost - July 20, 2019, 03:47 PM