Arrow Lake Who I intend to be
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
there was no mistaking the challenge that rung clear in that crisp howl, which floated cleanly over the humid haze of a heavy summer day. ingram paused from his play with @Praimfaya, a frown etched upon his features.

go along to your mother, he had told his little daughter, pride welling in his eyes as he watched her go. it faded to something far more troubled once he turned away.

the time in which it took to arrive alongside kazimir's side did little to assay ingram's confusion; if anything, he appeared even more vexed as he stepped up to the woman and saw the harsh glint of challenge in her gaze.

he did not want strife, or discord among their ranks. there was nothing important about the rank pionier to ingram: what was important was family, unity, trust. for that reason he cared little for the rank challenges that made diaspora's culture, if only because to ingram, there was nothing more noble than serving family, and fighting within the family held little value to him.

so he met kazimir's burning gaze, the confusion melting away to something far softer: affection. trust.

why would he fight her, over something as little as a perceived rank?

he did not want to fight her. it had nothing to do with her sex, condition, or person -- it had to do with the fact that ingram could think of nothing less noble than striking a friend.

"it is yours." ingram looked away submissively, his ears back and tail held limp. let those with fire in their hearts take what they believed was theirs: let the kazimirs of the world rise to the top.. for the ingrams of the world would come following dutifully behind, serving but never taking.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
Messages In This Thread
Who I intend to be - by Kazimir - July 04, 2019, 10:37 PM
RE: Who I intend to be - by Ingram Sr - July 05, 2019, 12:52 PM
RE: Who I intend to be - by Kazimir - July 06, 2019, 10:50 AM
RE: Who I intend to be - by Ingram Sr - July 07, 2019, 03:08 PM