Heron Lake Plateau they don't know what saved by the bell is and they've never felt pain.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Private 

The day had been a hot one, and unfortunately night had brought little relief. Liffey had hoped that it might, but had suspected the reality they faced now had been inevitable. In spite of its heat, the day had been cloudless and beautiful. It had also been without even the gentlest of breezes, and so here they were. Hot in the dark, just as they'd been in the sunshine.

Liffey panted as she made her way up the slopes and back onto flat land. She didn't have much hope that she would get some wind on higher ground, but she did know that she would be able to find herself a nice perch to stargaze on. The trees in the Glade were lovely, but they blocked her view of the night sky. Tonight of all nights, Liffey very much wanted to see it.

She settled in at the edge of the Plateau overlooking the Glade and pointed her nose to the sky. It took her only a few seconds to locate the constellations she was looking for, glittering above her. Liffey sighed as she gazed at them and allowed her mind to wander to children they symbolized--three of which now were lost to her.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~