Arrow Lake Hold it, even though it kills you slowly
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She stopped in front of him, but didn't immediately turn to meet his eyes. Guilt swelled in her chest at his words; she hated that she had caused him pain. And all because of what? Her stupid pride? Her unwillingness to let go of her past? She hadn't wanted it to be this way. He was literally the last wolf she ever wanted to cause any kind of distress. But, it was becoming clear to her that she was just vastly unprepared to deal with her feelings. That was not his fault, though. And when did she become such a slave to her fears? She had faced so much in the past. Why was she letting this destroy her? It was because he was important to her, and she didn't want to lose him. But she was pushing him away now and at the expense of everything they built between them. It was time to get her shit together.

Finally she turned around and settled her fiery gaze on his face. Her mouth opened, but nothing came out as she found herself temporarily unable to speak the words she knew she needed to get off her chest. Her jaw closed, and she swallowed before resolve settled over her expression. Recently, my feelings for you have...changed. She paused, searching his face before continuing. I care for you as more than— she searched for the right word; friend just didn't encompass their relationship properly. —well, whatever we were to each other before. She feared she wasn't making any sense. This was turning out to be far more difficult than she had anticipated. She continued anyway. That day at the lake...it was the first time I felt out of control, and it—it scared me. It was tough to admit that she was ever scared, but it was all or nothing now. She would bare it all to him if only to bring about his inevitable rejection so that she could try and move on. Plus, he deserved at least that from her after she had been so cold towards him lately. 

I'm sorry for how I've acted; there is no excuse. her eyes briefly shifted away, but then she pinned him with an intense gaze. I don't expect you to reciprocate my feelings, but if I hadn't told you the truth, then I'm afraid it would have poisoned us further. She waited for his response, heart beating against her rib cage as she waited to be devastated.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - August 15, 2019, 12:17 AM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Mahler - August 16, 2019, 05:31 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - August 20, 2019, 04:21 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Mahler - August 22, 2019, 06:54 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - August 27, 2019, 11:43 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Mahler - August 28, 2019, 05:57 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - August 28, 2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Mahler - August 29, 2019, 06:35 PM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - August 30, 2019, 04:03 AM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Mahler - September 09, 2019, 09:06 AM
RE: Hold it, even though it kills you slowly - by Takiyok - September 12, 2019, 03:42 PM