Sun Mote Copse Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Grief is a deeply personal experience and you can help that person only up to a certain extent. You cannot step in their shoes, you will never know, how exactly it feels for them and you cannot speed up their recovery. Every person needs their own time and the only thing others can do is to hang around and find the right moment to be there for them. And this also, if such assistance is asked for.

Wraen's approach to Eljay had been very diplomatic - she did not push him to speak about Wildfire's death, because they weren't such intimate friends. She had no right to do so, unless he wished to talk about it himself. The Sovereign had chosen to keep his focus on other things and that plan had worked only to an extent, because Colt had got gravely injured and died pretty soon after. She wondered, if things could have been different, if she had interfered with Eljay's approach to parenting, but instinctively she knew that this would not have changed much or anything at all.

To sum this all up - people were very complex and there was not one single remedy for them all. "Teenagers can be quite a lot, huh?" Wraen caught the note in Niamh's voice. "There have been moments, when I wished to climb walls, because Elfie was such a pain in the ass," she recalled fondly, laughing. "But it did make me wonder, if I made any of my parents feel similarly, when I was his age. In my memory I think I was the god's given gift to them, but they might have something else to say in the matter," Wraen said.

"Well, the sister pack agreement is still in action. And I see no reason, why Towhee would refuse to train Bronco as well. When the time is right," she offered, not knowing that in few weeks her cousin would be in no shape to train anyone. "I think it's good to show kids that the world does not end at the pack borders and is a wa-a-a-y bigger place."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Grace just hold me in your arms and let this moment linger - by Wraen - November 08, 2019, 04:23 AM