Moonspear take charge of your life
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She remembered them. 

The children were better off, then. Hydra would not do as Mahler did and advise her to tell them; it would be a waste of breath. How could she do so, if she refused to return to the Riverlands? Why would she, if she was so selfish as to pursue what she wished without recognition or regard of them? Hydra did not think of her as a bleak, blighted fool; she found she thought nothing of her at all, in that moment. All thoughts, all regard, all esteem—dashed away by six simple words. Perhaps some disappointment, but even that was fleeting. This was not her life, but the life of Andraste. She did not know or understand the circumstance, her Heavens, her will to abandon and move on—she did not need to. 

Aurewen went on, speaking of the Weald; Hydra only knew of its nearness due to Dirge. It had once been a conquest of his, that Weald—she did not like the thought of Aurewen taking residency there. She would have to think on this. The woman who Hydra thought of in shifting thoughts as Andraste and as Aurewen was one Hydra was not certain of; this was a sort of woman who was an enigma to her. If she was not loyal to even her own children, how could Hydra trust her evermore with her own? Such a thing she was uncertain of, though it was a thing that could be earned, given time.

No—my children, I think, have already learned several valuable lessons from you. I thank you for them, Hydra spoke in earnest. As for the weald, she drawled, perhaps you might rethink your residency there. You would need to answer to me, fight for me, as I need; the late kill-brother of your Mahler and I share a dream, you see, she revealed candidly, I seek to become Queen of this Wilderness, as he sought to become King General of the Sunspire. Her tone was absent of judgment or even coldness; it was matter-of-fact, so that Andraste might understand Hydra's own purpose. Hydra did not think Andraste a woman who wanted to answer to any longer than she must—and that was fair.

But in her Wilderness, she would need to.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
take charge of your life - by Hydra - September 12, 2019, 01:02 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Andraste - September 12, 2019, 07:02 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Lyra - September 12, 2019, 11:39 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Hydra - September 19, 2019, 11:14 AM
RE: take charge of your life - by Andraste - September 20, 2019, 12:00 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Hydra - October 02, 2019, 12:33 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Andraste - October 10, 2019, 12:25 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Hydra - October 10, 2019, 12:55 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Andraste - October 10, 2019, 01:35 PM
RE: take charge of your life - by Hydra - October 10, 2019, 02:50 PM