Whitefish River BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
453 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Would love @Evergreen, @Ira or maybe @Firefly for the drama if any of you has time!

Every now and again, Dragomir would awake to the sound of distant rumbling. His ears would always perk up before his eyes opened, but the groaning of the earth never failed to drive the sleep from him. They lasted only seconds at a time with nothing more but the rapid wing beats of fleeing birds to make them noteworthy, but every tremor sent a lance of foreboding through him. He didn't know what it was, but there was something wrong.

This, in turn, motivated him to work harder at regaining his ability to walk. His one mended hind leg was still too weak to support his weight for longer than a couple of seconds without another wolf supporting him, but Dragomir still attempted to stand several times each and every day, often coinciding with the tremors. It was a great ordeal every single time. His shoulders and forelegs had to bear the brunt of his weight, and they simply weren't strong enough to compensate for the lack of muscle in his rear end. He often managed to lift himself quaking on the balls of his feet and could even pivot his healed leg beneath him in spite of its stiffness, but it always ended with him collapsing forward on his chest, jerking the other hind leg painfully (but nowhere near as painfully as when it was freshly broken).

Which was exactly where he was now, having pitched forward with a shrill yelp during his latest attempt to stand while the earth rumbled ominously beneath him.
Messages In This Thread
BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 13, 2019, 11:23 PM
RE: BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 27, 2019, 02:31 PM