Blackfeather Woods And I'll keep it safe
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Blue was still missing. She was searching for the grackle, assuming the worst (that he'd been killed in the quakes) and hoping for the best (that he'd taken wing and gone south). Her ears swiveled far forward as a scream rang out, cut off nearly immediately by the sound of a heavy impact. Another tree. . .another wolf? Oh god, oh Jaes. . .who was it?!

Maegi rushed toward the noise, heart hammering in her chest, her throat, suffocating in its intensity. The willow. . .the willow was near. She caught the sharp smell of fresh blood in the air and turned, only to stop dead for an instant at what she saw.

Then it sank in.

NO! the Nona shrieked, a terrible sound ripped from her maw, lifting through the air like a banshee's call. NO, 'NANSI, NO! She hobbled at her quickest speed to him, scrabbling at the dirt, trying to free the rest of his body from the fallen tree. His tail. . .just his tail. White-hot pain shot up her injured leg as she dug and dug, and then she began to hurl herself against the trunk to no avail, sobbing.

HELP! HELP ME! MY SON—MY BABY!! Her cries rang through the forest, rattling off the trees. Whatever birds remained scattered at the noise; other than that, and the groaning of the ancient oak, now atop Anansi, it was dead silent.

The daedra had done this.

And all the while she continued to scream, and strike at the tree, and she couldn't stop.
Messages In This Thread
And I'll keep it safe - by Anansi - October 07, 2019, 06:35 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 07, 2019, 09:03 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 07, 2019, 10:18 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Sakhmet - October 07, 2019, 11:09 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 08, 2019, 10:30 AM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by RIP Sobek - October 08, 2019, 12:20 PM
RE: And I'll keep it safe - by Maegi - October 14, 2019, 12:04 PM