Sleepy Fox Hollow Hang up my heart, let it air out
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
literally no pressure to match length; i got hella carried away lolll

this he had not expected; more than a flicker of surprise in mahler’s stare as he laid it with pensive thoughtfulness upon the kapitän.
what she offered stigmata — a loveless contract, bound in newborn flesh and nourished by her own body. yes she would give diaspora hale new cubs, and if he were to father them, their legacy would only grow larger, undiminished.
”i vill not say yes until you know vhat it is i plan. i vould be honored, takiyok, and a true father to any children born between us. firstly, i am not vithout love for you,” he admitted, dark lips tense with worry of her rejection, her continued hurt. ”it is not vhat you vish, and i understand this. but there is no need for a cold arrangement between us, if you decide to choose me in the spring.”
painful; anguishing, somehow; he looked to her burning gaze to see what would be reflected there. ”secondly, i have decided that the best thing for diaspora are footholds of our blood in as many packs as i am able. stigmata felt ve could hold the entire sunspire, and for that i loved him, but it is not possible vhen he left us so many young ones and not enough to hunt for them.”
mahler paused, overwhelmed by the breadth of his speaking — he settled his gaze forward now, attempting to hide the jumping muscle of his cheek. ”i vant all children born in diaspora this next year to be mine. i vant diasporans birthed in moonspear. i vant to seek the same sort of alliance vith the veald volves, vith those who line the spire. i vant —” 
a heavy sigh 
”— to lie the foundations for our return if ve must leave the sunspire for now. and it is not lust that drives me, takiyok; i make this choice in full avareness and vith diaspora in mind.”
”it is not my vay,” mahler whispered, subdued. ”but perhaps it is diaspora’s vay. and you must know it all, before you offer such a blessing to me.” stoneflower eyes found hers again; mahler hung in the agony of waiting; anticipation of her ire, her hurt, her condemnation.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Messages In This Thread
Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 11, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 16, 2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 17, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 18, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 22, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 26, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 26, 2019, 10:42 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 27, 2019, 04:02 PM