Haunted Wood I can't help that I'm so selfish.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
He is free in about 10 days, hehehe.

In the weeks since being discarded in the pit, Revui had learned very little of his captors. Or rather, he thought what he learned was limited; he knew of the general number of wolves and their ages, their prowess. He knew of the leadership vaguely - but could not recall with clarity ever meeting the master behind the curtain. If he had, perhaps the poppies lacing his meals saw to obliterating the memory. He knew when the wolves took to their patrols (based on who visited him or the strength of the nearest scents); similarly, he knew when they were too busy to tend to the wolves in the pit.

It was these moments he waited for. Patient beyond all reason, beyond what came naturally to Revui anyway, he waited until the wolves were distracted and began his work. If he wasn't busy training (terrorizing) @Orochi then he was pacing along the edge of the pit. It wasn't enough to work up his pulse but it did work his legs, and with his hind limb nearly mended he was trying to keep the muscle tone somewhat even.

This was strenuous work in the tight space. Revui could do a few laps before his leg ached too greatly, most of the time. Lately the wolves of the forest were keeping close to the pit though; perhaps due to the infrequent hunts, the lack of prey, the difficulty of keeping their own energy levels high -- they did not stay away for long enough periods now, so his self improvement window was getting smaller and smaller as the days began to shorten.

Today Revui was basking in a thin patch of sunlight, seeking warmth. His limb remained propped on a pile of rocks behind himself, soaking in the rays. He feigned difficulty whenever he sensed one of his captors near, playing up the damage to his limb to give the impression his healing was going slowly, an imitation of suffering. Perhaps if someone came to visit him for extra treatment he could get his teeth around their throat.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
I can't help that I'm so selfish. - by Revui (Ghost) - November 04, 2019, 06:36 PM
RE: I can't help that I'm so selfish. - by Black Hat - November 07, 2019, 09:39 AM
RE: I can't help that I'm so selfish. - by Revui (Ghost) - November 07, 2019, 08:23 PM
RE: I can't help that I'm so selfish. - by Black Hat - November 09, 2019, 08:56 AM