Blacktail Deer Plateau when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
As Caiaphas stared, Rosalyn met her gaze when it came her way, rigid.  Time seemed to slow.

There was an absolute knowledge in her that if Caiaphas was to return, she would spell their end.  Perhaps not now... but eventually.  She'd shown her motives to be entirely her own too many times, and rather than allow herself to be place to the fate of the witch's whims, Rosalyn would show her teeth.  Caiaphas could take her grudges and her plots elsewhere.  After a life of snatching and clawing for what life would give her, the pirate wanted nothing more than to hold the family she had left and be left alone.

But as Raleska joined her, unexpectedly, Rosalyn felt a sharp and powerful surge of triumph.  Mine, not yours..  Her mentee before only because knowing her mother prevented more.  How could she open her heart to a daughter when she turned to Caiaphas?  But the instant she turned on her mother, joining at Rosalyn's side, the pirate shifted closer.  If she were ever to have a daughter of her own blood, Raleska was it now.

There was no masking the triumph and pride in her golden eyes as Caiaphas turned and left without argument.  She did not care what Aninigan thought - this was how it needed to be.  She did, however, turn and press her muzzle to Raleska's shoulder.  Only once, firmly, in silent solidarity and thanks.  This was right.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs - by Rosalyn - December 07, 2019, 12:04 PM