Emberwood the beckoning of a broken heart
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
Private 
@Kavik and @Awol if you want. set directly after the pack meeting, before Ibis awakes.

[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

Every moment since returning to Emberwood had been overwhelming, exhausting, tense.

Leaving the meeting had been no different. Kukulkan had felt such a depth of emotion that left his head swimming and flushed, his eyes tired and his limbs groggy from adrenaline since-passed. The sensation reminded him of being back south, back home, after a heavy rain when the heat and humidity settled with such a heavy weight upon him. The slight catharsis inhibited only by the musk of tropical post-storm atmosphere.

Except this time he walked surrounded by snows and frozen winds and bare trees, not a palm to be found, no crashing waves to be heard. It left him feeling hollow. Aimless.

Frustrated.

A short low howl, a non-obligatory beckon to the new Archdruid, filled the frigid air as Kukulkan paced, tail intermittently thrashing behind him. The race of thoughts weaving in his mind, most without direction and splintering into a dozen new thoughts, each as haphazard as the last. Each raising more questions than he could deign to answer.

Against the painting of snow draped against the rest of Uaine Gorsedd's territory, Kavik's form was easy to spot as it approached. K lifted his head, eager for the arrival, and jogged over quickly. "Kavik, I..." words came without hinderance, spilling from his tongue without giving the poor leader a chance to even open his mouth, "I uh, I can't do nothin'... I need ta do somethin', fix somethin'..."

All these things that were happening, every wrong deed, every misfortune... logic would scream at him that he couldn't have stopped it. That it wasn't his fault. But nothing could stop him from feeling that was exactly the case.

"I'ma go find a cure fer her. Or someone who can do it." It was spoken with determination, the kind from someone who'd made up their mind any wouldn't be stopped, with ever so slight a hint of requesting permission. "But I won't go far, no more than a howl away, in case..." In case Pyg shows...

Finally catching his breath, finally stopping, Kukulkan stood before his alpha, awaiting a response. Awaiting a judgement. Awaiting anything he might have to say, to add or deny.

[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
Messages In This Thread
the beckoning of a broken heart - by Kukulkan - January 30, 2020, 01:34 AM
RE: the beckoning of a broken heart - by RIP Kavik - February 04, 2020, 05:47 PM
RE: the beckoning of a broken heart - by Kukulkan - February 18, 2020, 02:30 AM
RE: the beckoning of a broken heart - by RIP Kavik - February 18, 2020, 04:56 PM