Whitefish River Then I said, "I gotta go - I gotta be in Monticello."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Lumiya's smile left her face, stealing the sunlight from her presence and transforming her into a grey cloud. Huā worried she had said something wrong- for being bold was all so new to her. Maybe she shouldn't have said it, she thinks. Maybe the faerie saw her like a creep- the same way she saw the foreign men.

She felt embarrassed at this, but Lumi's words interrupted her process of thought, easing her tense nerves. Her words carried some wonder as if it was truly new to her, and Huā felt in this moment that she was not only being humble, but rather telling the entire truth. She was young, and yet what a surprise Huā found it, to hear that this girl was unaware of her own beauty! What a shame. She should've been told many times over and over- Huā could've let her words leak out, but she would not dare to be so bold. Feeling awkward now, she was unsure of how to continue. Oh Huā, why did you have to make things so uncomfortable! Blushing still, she searches for her words but finds her tongue knotted in the presence of the beautiful girl. You from here? Or far away? Comes her blundering small-talk finally, and mentally she cringes at how unnatural it felt right after being so forward.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Then I said, "I gotta go - I gotta be in Monticello." - by Huā - February 14, 2020, 02:19 AM