Moonspear i will take the sun in my mouth & leap into the ripe air
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra heard her cry, and made no haste to arrive there. Perhaps her son would arrive first; Hydra was more than inclined to not let the she-wolf leave for her ill will toward her at present. A large part to blame for that was Hydra's own increased aggression for the season upon them; she had yet to fall into it, but soon enough would. Other she-wolves were threats to that, and Hydra recalled too keenly their last encounter where Andraste had spoken of her own impending coronation in an effort to... to what? Misplaced pride; Hydra was ever one to remove arrogance with teeth, as she did with most things that displeased her. 

Her arrival upon the scene needed no pomp or ceremony; the dignified woman stared Andraste down, her annoyance far from evident upon her frigid bearing. There were no telltale signs of Hydra's ire that grew with each and every word Andraste spoke, though she meant well; when the season passed, Hydra might come to see the error in her own thought process, but as it stood once Andraste's tongue stilled Hydra took several strides toward her, advancing with a lifted plume and a draped chin as she spoke, still reticent despite the quiet, rolling thunder in her voice:

No life, no lives, could amount to the ones you willfully abandoned, came her dark words, only they can forgive you that; though there is no thing that will ever fill that void, that rift, you created. Do not offer whelps not yet begotten and feel peace for what you have done! Selfishly, she hoped they never would; for all that Andraste could not care for them, would not let herself, Hydra had. Was @Dragomir ready for this encounter? To disallow his mother to leave? To bury her here? Hydra stared, her tone brooking no room for argument, for rejoinder; here and now, Hydra was firm and would hear no more.

Hydra then looked to Kukutux, regarding her. Skills? Wife? To whom? This was not Hydra's culture, and yet she had already offered her children to one of Mahler's—...harem? That she would get to, but certainly not with Andraste this hour. Dragon indeed; hoard, yes, its bounty magnificent. She would accept no fools gold here, and wondered if that was what stood before her. To consider it seemed foolish, but Hydra had more to gain than to lose. Tell me of yourself. What makes you a worthy bride to any upon Moonspear? Your skills are in what areas? The matriarch invited the possibility of this she-wolf making up for Andraste's behavior toward her, it seemed... and Andraste at the least seemed genuine in wishing to alleviate the tension between the two of them. If nothing else, Kukutux could assist there. Andraste meant well, she could recognize past her wrath; it was why she regarded the stranger at all. If the other was able-bodied and capable, it could only help them in the season to come.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: i will take the sun in my mouth & leap into the ripe air - by Hydra - January 29, 2020, 11:13 AM