Blacktail Deer Plateau I deserved that one.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She didn't like the way his words rang, or how callous they were towards the rest of their band.  Her priorities were their family, but that didn't mean she wanted her children to disregard sense.  She held her tongue, though, and let him finish.  Finally, finally, at least they were getting somewhere.  

Rosalyn appraised her son for a moment after he'd finished.  The tone he ended on was not the one he started with, and she sensed the question was twofold.  The sea had hurt him... and he wanted to know if he was free to speak.  There were things about her past she had shared with none, not even Erzulie, though her wife knew more than anyone else.  Some things didn't bear speaking, and since she'd left that pain behind her, she saw no point giving it more time than what she already had.  There were things she didn't necessarily want her children to know, but now he was asking.  

I'm not afraid of the sea.  She replied, finally.  But the coast brings out the best and the worst in wolves.  This crew we have here is loyal, and that isn't something to throw away.  She couldn't let that first comment go unheard, though the latter was truly what she wanted to address.  I've run with pirates.  I've seen their kind, the worst and the best, but I won't tell unless you promise me the same.  She knew he was hiding things, things that he desperately wanted to share but didn't know how to.  This was his chance.  She wouldn't beg for it.
Messages In This Thread
I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 03, 2020, 06:54 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Rosalyn - March 03, 2020, 07:01 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 03, 2020, 07:13 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Rosalyn - March 05, 2020, 08:30 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 06, 2020, 02:09 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Rosalyn - March 06, 2020, 09:54 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 07, 2020, 01:40 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Rosalyn - March 10, 2020, 04:11 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 19, 2020, 09:35 PM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Rosalyn - March 20, 2020, 11:36 AM
RE: I deserved that one. - by Reyes (Ghost) - March 27, 2020, 09:27 PM