Sun Mote Copse This is the thread that never ends.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,970 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Penn's reluctance did not go unnoticed, Towhee pausing in her heavy step to regard him where he remained rooted. Her brow furrowed at his words. Why would they be outside the borders? She didn't question it, though she remained still for a few beats. It seemed she would have to find them on her own, a task that made her heart sore and her feet feel as if they were cinder blocks.

When Eljay materialized, Towhee's orange eyes panned slowly to their eldest brother before flicking to Penn and Avery. Neither one of them spoke. Her own face began to crumple a little as she realized she would have to be the bearer of bad news. She resented it, almost as much as she hated being sent out to discover her godparents' bodies all alone, though Towhee couldn't bring herself to feel angry with them. They'd made the grim discovery and reported it to her, so now it was her burden to bear up in their stead.

But how the hell was she supposed to tactfully break this sort of news to Eljay, of all people? Towhee sucked in a breath, her broken heart lodged in her throat, and shakily exhaled. "Eljay..." she began before deciding to deliver it as succinctly as possible. "Your mom and dad are gone. We need to go to them, pay our respects, lay them to rest..." Her voice officially failed her then.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
This is the thread that never ends. - by Towhee - March 06, 2020, 02:04 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Penn - March 19, 2020, 11:30 AM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Avery - March 19, 2020, 11:32 AM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Towhee - March 19, 2020, 12:14 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Penn - March 19, 2020, 05:31 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Avery - March 23, 2020, 01:15 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Towhee - March 23, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Penn - March 25, 2020, 08:27 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Eljay - March 27, 2020, 08:17 AM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Avery - March 31, 2020, 02:43 PM
RE: This is the thread that never ends. - by Towhee - March 31, 2020, 03:06 PM