Moonspear with that silver dagger in his hands
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Then you blatantly ignored my calls. Osiris was maimed, Arcturus. Jarilo, just attacked by a cannibal that trespassed. I could not leave the Wilderness, she rumbled. He was a full-grown adult, not a child anymore... contradictory though his actions were. She shook her head, eyes not leaving him, though not for lack of wanting to. Revui had knocked the good sense out of her brother. And Arcturus, in turn, had knocked the good sense into him. How the tables had turned! 

Hydra snarled at him. You did that. That was you. I was atop him, and you sought to drag him out from under me. Arcturus, she rumbled, I stopped the fight. You were bloodied, beaten to a pulp; so was he. I would not have you kill him, or him kill you. Not that senseless way. For what? Her muzzle wrinkled, her ears pressed forward. Whether or not he heard her, he listened to her, she realized he had come to his own decision as he worked through and processed what he would. His words came: you're insane

Her eyes flashed as he turned. 

Was she? Insane? ...Was it insane, to want to keep the peace? Was it insane, to hope her siblings would not kill one another on their very doorstep? Was it insane to expect her brother to be halfway decent and let them know, I am alive and healing?

...No, no she did not think so.

Her ears pricked forward as he turned from her, and Hydra rumbled lowly: you delude only yourself. I would never turn my back upon my family, her tail lashed at that. Even Revui she had not cast out for his leaving, and she would not do so to Arcturus either. His choice was his own, and she would not prevent him from it. 

She found she did not want him here... Not anymore. He sought to tear apart the fabric of them all with these delusions, and it sickened her that he could think this of her. That he saw her in such a way, and had not once voiced to her these beliefs. How had she not have known? How could she not have seen? And what had she done to make him see her in such a light? 

The light struck him and she remembered him as a boy. I have only ever wanted to protect you

There was a deep sadness that welled within her soul as he made his way down, a piece of her going with him. She wanted anger, she wanted hate, but none of that came then. Hydra bounded down, tail lifted above her hindquarters as she breathed, Arcturus, hold on, before attempting to swing into his path, granting herself some distance to prepare for an onslaught if that was truly what he wished from this. But for her own part, I spoke with Revui. I know that I got in the way something I ought not to have, she acknowledged, but I did fear for the death of either one of you then. Bloodl—it does not matter. That does not matter, there was no need to justify. No desire to, either. Hydra cared more for Arcturus than she did right, or wrong; family always had come first to her. 

I am sorry for... for what I have done, to make you think that of me. I would never... she shook her head, struck more by this belief from her brother than any physical blow he could dole out. The rest around them mattered plenty to her; all but Wraen were family. Wraen, who she thought nothing of. I have been more on edge lately. But that would never make me turn on you, on Revui, on anyone. Dacio is dead. There are wolves that are being hurt, killed—I did not want that to be you, or him, and... and she got in the middle. She intervened. I am sorry. I wanted it to stop. I did not want him to die, or you to die, why—how—could you ever think that of me? 

It would be likely the last time such words came from her; but with that, she did step aside so that he might go. But she would not leave him; she could not fathom it, here and now. 
posting out of order just 2 .... get this lil guy in ... bc i will be away this weekend! but, if anyone has an issue with me posting out of turn, lmk and i will remove her <3  
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
with that silver dagger in his hands - by Arcturus - April 02, 2020, 01:24 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Dragomir - April 02, 2020, 01:59 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Wraen - April 02, 2020, 02:38 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Kukutux - April 02, 2020, 08:44 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Arcturus - April 02, 2020, 08:47 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Dragomir - April 02, 2020, 09:11 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Jarilo - April 02, 2020, 10:13 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Hydra - April 02, 2020, 11:05 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Wraen - April 03, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Arcturus - April 03, 2020, 05:07 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Hydra - April 03, 2020, 06:01 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Dragomir - April 04, 2020, 02:03 AM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Lyra - April 04, 2020, 09:57 AM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Dirge - April 04, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Jarilo - April 04, 2020, 09:01 PM
RE: with that silver dagger in his hands - by Kukutux - April 05, 2020, 02:19 AM