Redsand Canyon They're throwing bottles at your house.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He watched her a moment longer. A part of him wished she would take the bait and liven up this meeting with some ill-advised combat but even Revui was not the type to pick on the injured; it would not have been a fair fight, and as eager as he was to show off his brawn and bravado for his new friend, it was better to let his hostility wash through himself and away. Revui would never act against an ally. He may have been posturing at the woman - and envisioning her silenced and bloody, perhaps faceless - but he remained resolute beside her.

That was when her leader arrived. He carried himself well. Heavy footfalls had Revui's ears pivoting as the lumbering giant made their approach; thankfully, Sunhawk made the introductions. The tension between himself and the angsty little shadow woman was thick indeed, he would not draw his attention away without good reason.

The newly arrived man reiterated a fair point: this group (or rather this pair) had Merrick's favor. No harm could come to them. Donovan's leniency in regard to hunting in the canyon was appreciated and Revui finally glanced over the woman to look upon him, his scowl affixed, but with a meagre nod of approval; a slight raise of his head in triumph. The woman sounded less complacent. There was that shrew-like voice again grating in Revui's ears, and he rumbled a low warning in his chest.

I said we are here to hunt, invited you to join us. Your master has spoken - get out of my way. Revui could tolerate disrespect upon himself to some degree, considering he held little respect for thise who did not earn it, but the chain of command was important. Would she refuse to obey the orders of her superior? The man was clearly in charge of this operation and looked like the kind of beast that could back up his commands with his teeth if need be. No wonder he had so impressed Merrick.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: They're throwing bottles at your house. - by Revui (Ghost) - July 19, 2020, 11:13 AM