Two Rivers Isle Made me into something new
84 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His tone was gentle as he spoke her name. She offered her gaze when he sought it, her own shy and insecure. When he brought up the deer, she couldn't keep the small smile from her face. That was pretty awesome, she said, although she couldn't help but feel like things may have been easier if he had a better hunter with him; she kept that thought to herself, recognizing it for what it was. Plus, she didn't want to disregard his compliment. He continued to speak, pointing out that neither was obligated to the other. But of course, she wasn't obligated to him; she needed him far more than he needed her, something she felt compelled to make up for in any way she could. Things might actually be easier for him if she just left and let him get on with his life, but it was becoming more and more apparent that she was hopelessly attached to Rye. It was different than anything she had ever experienced before, and she had no idea how to go about things. His pause pulled her from her swirling thoughts, and she looked at him with concern. He seemed unable to say what he wanted to say. 

When he did finally speak, what he said was not quite what she expected. It felt like more than friendship between them, at least on her side, but maybe she was reading things all wrong. Still, it was nice to have him as a friend, one that would stay with her even when things were difficult. 

He assured her that he was staying because he wanted to, and she smiled. Me too, she quietly returned. But if you ever change your mind, please tell me. She would hate to ever make someone feel obligated, especially someone she cared so much for. I'm glad you want to stay, she offered shyly as an afterthought, wanting him to at least know that.
All the variety,
all the charm,
all the beauty of life
is made up of light and shadow
Messages In This Thread
Made me into something new - by Effie - August 04, 2020, 07:34 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 14, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - August 18, 2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - August 27, 2020, 05:37 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 02, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Rye - September 09, 2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Made me into something new - by Effie - September 15, 2020, 11:30 PM