Porcupine Ridge when we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic
water to wine and the finest of sands
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
sorry for the delay!! wanted to give vulture & buzzard a chance to hop in but moving right along

had he not just told the boy to keep his mouth shut? he'd even been polite about it, and this was where it had gotten him. why did he even bother.

rounding on him, condor snapped his teeth just short of the boy's muzzle, meeting his eyes for several long moments. "do shut up, please," he said, turning around to the ridge with a toss of his head. "you know, i think i liked you better when none of this had registered. how about we pretend that's still the case." 

he got barely another step along before the child spoke up again; noting the movement in the valley beneath, condor turned back around, redpink gaze thin and sharp.

"i'll make it simple for you," he singsonged as he grew closer. "i'm sure you like to eat, yes?" he didn't wait for the answer. "of course you do. now, darling, the problem is finding food takes work. and if you aren't inclined to help, then perhaps i'll make a meal of you instead." condor smiled, making sure every tooth was on display. the boy was so dense he had serious doubts even this would work, but it did make him feel better. yes, perhaps scaring children was a cheap thrill, but it was nonetheless one he enjoyed.

"i'm certain you'll be much less difficult dead." a heavy sigh. "it's just a shame children are so bony."

he let that linger for a good few moments, tongue curling up over the dark edge of a lip, and then he swiveled his muzzle down to the carpet of green below, where a pair of unmistakable canine figures shadowed just what he'd been hoping for – an unidentifiable tangle of raw meat and bone. 

"or you could take my suggestion," which was absolutely not a suggestion, "and perhaps i'll be willing to let you partake of whatever it is we steal." reluctantly, of course.

condor could hardly say the lesson went well. wolves just weren't meant to scavenge – frankly, it was quite painful to watch them try, even if they weren't this little brat – but they were learning their own lesson. and the lesson was not to bother with any kidnapping anymore. better to just eat the kid, and much more fun for their reputation.

theft abandoned, they began the tedious process of returning the kid to buzzard and vulture. no doubt he'd complain all the way back. perhaps he would be tempted after all to push him from the ledge and be done with it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: when we turn the safety off, the shots are automatic - by Condor - September 16, 2020, 03:11 AM