The Heartwood I don't feel the rain or the sun
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: TW: discussion of sexual assault

Finally, he moved, and she immediately righted herself. She was unable to stand at first or stop the tears. She didn't say anything either, just tried to calm her breathing. She sucked in a few big lung-fulls of air, holding them in for a few seconds before releasing the air slowly. He had apologized again, and she could tell he was worried, and she wasn't surprised; her behavior was strange, especially if you didn't know the reason for it. 

When her breathing had evened out some and the tears had ceased once more, she shifted up into a sitting position, hiding her face against him for a few moments before she said anything. It's not anything that you did, Simmik murmured. He had done plenty to hurt her, but he was not reason she had nightmares or was afraid to explore or winced away from touch. 

She hadn't spoken of what happened to anyone except Mal, so it was difficult to get the words out at first. A little bit after I returned home from seeing my family and running into you, I was exploring another forest near here—it was different, though. Creepy and dark. She kept her face against him but only her face; the rest of her was very purposely not touching any part of him. I ran into a stranger; he was much larger than I am. I greeted him like I would anyone else—cautious but interested. Her heart started racing again as she was brought back to the moments she tried so hard not to think about. Her breathing quickened again as she continued. He attacked me for no reason and I hit my head. Everything was fuzzy and I couldn't get up. Tears again. And then he— she paused and drew in a shuddering breath. He held me down and— She felt nauseous. He raped me, she managed to squeak out. I lost consciousness and when I came to, he was gone. And she had been all alone, terrified and disgusted. She had managed to make her way to the lake and it was days before she felt up to finding her way back home. 

Now he knew. She breathed deep, in and out, pulling her face away but not able to look at him yet.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 02:42 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 03:02 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 03:17 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 03:42 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 04:29 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 04:54 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 05:25 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 05:47 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 06:18 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 06:57 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 15, 2020, 11:53 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 15, 2020, 01:38 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 16, 2020, 02:09 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 21, 2020, 12:31 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 22, 2020, 08:21 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 23, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 24, 2020, 02:42 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 24, 2020, 11:04 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 26, 2020, 12:35 AM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Simmik - October 26, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I don't feel the rain or the sun - by Kynareth Deagon - October 27, 2020, 03:59 PM