Blacktail Deer Plateau this world is only gonna break your heart
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Fair enough," Wraen accepted his answer and was glad that he had not gone out in a verbal spell, declaring his undying love to her and other nonesense that sounds great, when you put it in a story about romance, but sounds artificial and awkward, when you say it out loud. For her the very word "love" did not come easy, when it came to telling it to people not because she was cold and did not feel affection, but that the concept itself was sacred to her. You were not supposed to throw it around lavishly. If you ever came to say it to someone, you truly meant it. For her it meant a bond and a promise. 

"Let me tell you a story of my own," she told, seeking his eyes, trying to put more warmth in her voice so that Arcturus would not be swallowed by the ground before she had finished their conversation. "I met a friend of yours," Wraen paused, letting this sink in. "Beautiful creature, who told me all kinds of amusing things," here, though she tried to soften the message, it came out cold and humourless. "Yet... all the while I had the honour to be in her presence, I had no idea, why was she so hateful and jealous. Until it occurred to me that you - unintentionally - have wounded someone's pride," she said.

"Rings a bell, who that is? Maybe you can tell me her name, because, while she knew mine, I never learned hers. If I have an enemy out there - I think it is only fair to know this."
Messages In This Thread
this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 08:52 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:08 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 10:17 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 07, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 07, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 18, 2020, 09:42 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 24, 2020, 06:47 PM