Blacktail Deer Plateau this world is only gonna break your heart
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Kukutux. Viper in the wolf's skin. Arthur's surprise earned a half-smile from Wraen, she both pitied and loathed him, something she did not wish to feel, but it was there. Before coming here she had thought that she had done away with anger, but it was still there too. Not the explosive kind, but worse. Quiet, merciless and unforgiving - she had been hurt badly and she wished someone else to feel the pain too. Unfortunately for Arthur, he had become a target through no fault of his own. 

"I did not make the connection at first - I do not expect to be a favorite person among your family members. I can manage hostility," she explained. "But then she hit something very personal. Something that only a handful of people knew. She challenged me on not being able to have children," she pressed her lips together for a moment, considering her next move.

"And I may have said it once more carelessly than I should have - I do not deny my fault, but I expected that you with your conservative background and all knew better than to share this with the rest of the world," she said. "I live with that knowledge every single day and just because I manage my way around it, do not openly express that it bothers me, does not mean it does not hurt, when someone else humiliates me because of that." 

"But that's not the end of the story,"
 she averted her gaze from Arcturus, looked down at her paws for a moment, then back at him again. "She challenged me on, that I have committed a crime by stealing you from the Moonspear, that I will make an unsuitable wife to you. That eventually I will simply be a mere plaything to you in order to satisfy your needs and then you will prance back to Moonspear, where she will find you a proper wife and you will have children and you will happily ever after under her watchful gaze," she continued. 

"And I thought that she was crazy - she is crazy," Wraen emphasized. "But then it occurred to me - what else Arcturus has been telling the world and not telling me?" she let this part sink in too and waited for him to respond.
Messages In This Thread
this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 08:52 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:08 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 10:17 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 07, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 07, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 18, 2020, 09:42 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 24, 2020, 06:47 PM