Blacktail Deer Plateau this world is only gonna break your heart
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The road to hell is paved by the best intentions and, though Wraen had tried to wrap her mind around, how would "tattling" go together with the quiet man Arcturus was, it was some consolation to know that he had not done this in malice. That he had asked for an advice of a then-friend way before things had changed and happened the way there were now. That it had been Kukutux, who had connected the dots and then let her imagination run wild. 

"Maybe this is the right moment," told him quietly. "To be very honest with each other," she said, because even if she was angry with him, even if meeting with Kukutux was still fresh in her memory with all the juicy details, she thought that had the encounter never happened, they would have remained, where they had been for, who knew how long. "Because there was some truth in, what she said - something I know very well too," Wraen went on. "There will come a time, when you will want to have a family, children of your own, when spring will sing in your veins, and the longing will burn strong within your heart.

And I will never be able to make that dream come true - wishful thinking or asking for an advice to fix me won't change that. My life is a cold and barren winter's day, it has been like this for years," she said, hoping that through all the metaphors he would understand. "And I would be no friend of yours, if I told you to give up on that dream, because it is a very valuable one. It is important and it is something that would always stand between us. I don't want for it to grow bigger over the years, it would break my heart to see resentment in the eyes of, where love had once been."

Wraen was silent after this, for a moment seeing that image of a blissful family life, which would never be true. It was beautiful and heartwarming, and there was a sense of great injustice in her, for why this was denied to some and yet others, who cared little, could do it with ease. As she had said - wishful thinking would not change the facts. "I can't give you a future, Arthur," she said, wishing that she could prove Kukutux wrong, that she did not have to agree. "But I have the present moment and I would be happy to walk with you one day at a time, until we go our separate ways for whatever the reasons will be."

"I am not in love with you - I am not in the place you are currently, but I have always been very fond of you,"
 this much she could give him and - who knew - perhaps things would change over time. Wraen realized that she did not have to fight against the world on her own that just maybe having another misfit by her side would make things easier for her. "And I do not see that ever change," true, if she had known him for almost half of her life (funny way the wolf years work) and still liked him, then it was built on solid foundations.

"We can give it a try - we can do it against the odds, against your family pack hating me and every single ugly thing Kukutux said," she continued more boldly. "We do not have to let our happiness depend on, what they think and consider to be right. Because... despite all that Kukutux claimed about her blissful family life, I don't think she is truly happy. If a person's heart sings, it does not seek to silence that song in someone else's heart," she told him.

"And if in the end it does not work out - we will at least have learned something, have had many good moments along the way. After all the journey matters to me more than it's final destination."
Messages In This Thread
this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 08:52 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:08 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 09:35 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 10:00 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 10:17 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 12:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 05, 2020, 03:10 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 05, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 07, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 07, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 18, 2020, 09:42 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 11:11 AM
RE: this world is only gonna break your heart - by Arcturus - November 24, 2020, 06:47 PM