Hideaway Strath Return of the Shadow
261 Posts
Ooc —
the thread ended Whrist ended up more injured then I thought, sorry it wasn’t brought up sooner, PITA for closed threads but her stoic nature might explain it

Whrist hummed as she relived her journey, She winced as she remembered her first loss in a fight, to the brute in Ravens watch, The line from the side of her neck to the middle of her shoulder blades was still tender but the ripped flesh had settled back down and began to heal rather nicely; she had been so angry that the brute had marred the signature that had been left there by Kynareth. Leaving her sore but her stubbornness did not allow her to even let any stiffness show in her outward actions; though she had been trying to avoid moving her neck as much as possible. Even now she moved her neck less then normal but refused to show any weakness or soreness when she did move it purposely or inadvertently. The only way one might know she had been hurt would be to touch her neck and feel the scabs turning scars for themselves not that any but he got closer to her unless she was trying to rip them a new one. She had made sure to touch him with the uninjured side of her neck, and kept the uninjured side to him, she wanted him to believe she had not gotten injured at all out there.  

Whrist look thoughtful as she replayed the encounter with Blodreina,  “Introductions were not forthcoming, as I caught her returning to the Teekon, I pulled that name from her eventually, she tried to go without introducing herself, A trick I myself use,” Whrist flicked her ears backwards for a moment as if listening to the conversation from her past.

“She spoke common well, though she used a word I had not heard before” Her light blues looked up to the sky as she replayed the memory almost whispering the word as she pulled from her minds eye “aulana..?” She almost nodded but stopped herself instead she looked at him then “yes, and she did have a temper.” Whrist huffed a silent laugh then became serious.

The only thing that stopped me from goading that female to start a fight was your warning, I would have loved to bring you back her pretty little ear, you might have known her by scent then," Whrist grinned wickedly drawing closer to him and smoothing her tongue along the back of his ear.

“I made sure to skirt close to but not into any and all packs along my journey, trying to get a good feel for any packs general smell, Rivenwood, is what I believe it’s called, it is a pack on the furthest edge of the teekon wilds from here, I never encountered a single pack wolf so I know of them but don’t have a good sense of their general smell. I ghosted behind her, as promised, but could not stick around or be seen lest I risk my life.

She paused then, her light blues eyes lighting up her tail swaying along the ground 2 or 3 times in eagerness “OooOO, I do have a story to tell you though,” Her tone settled and became more serious “I came across a couple pack wolves, Kaistleoki, I was in the Hoshor Plains,
She turned her gaze away and glared at nothing in particular  “Clearly not Kaistleoki pack lands, though they acted like it was, oh…” her voice softened “but the creatures there…

Whrist’s drifted off her mouth began to water and her heart rate picked up in anticipation “Bison I think she called them,

Whrist almost sighed out her next words loving the way his name tasted on her tongue “Oh Kynareth Deagon of the Abbey. You must take me to hunt one of those” her voice was wistful and she looked up at the moon lost in thought, her muscles tensing as if she were chasing one of the beasts with him at her side right then, imagining the taste of the bison blood as she worked to rip the life from the massive beast.

She lowered her head and looked to him them a gleeful light in her eyes “It would be fun to taunt the…” Whirst snorted the word “Constable, and his subordinates,” She snickered “I pissed on the border of the Hoshor Plains as I was forced to leave that place to let them know I’d be back.
Messages In This Thread
Return of the Shadow - by Whrist - December 27, 2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Kynareth Deagon - December 30, 2020, 04:30 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Whrist - January 02, 2021, 04:17 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Kynareth Deagon - January 06, 2021, 02:34 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Whrist - January 06, 2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Kynareth Deagon - January 09, 2021, 03:46 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Whrist - January 12, 2021, 08:46 PM
RE: Return of the Shadow - by Kynareth Deagon - January 13, 2021, 03:47 PM