Meadowlark Prairie oh sunlight, sunlight
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
not to worry this is new character coming into his own I need to work on him

Visions of many pairs of eyes staring at him, into him, into his future, into his past, into his soul, came to the forefront, he lost himself in her eyes, his golden ones wide and almost unfocused as the recall of the visions returned.  The brute’s jaw snapped shut and he blinked a few times, shaking his head just slightly trying to get ahold of himself.

He cleared his throat and licked his lips glancing away from her but unable to unsee her mysterious eyes. They were to close to those of the goddess of change, could she be an embodiment of a goddess? This impure canid? It made sense, wolves changed through interbreeding and finding her in a storm; where weather was changing rapidly and these changes could be pretty severe, sometimes permanent depending on the gods desires. Perhaps she had simply changed from a deer to a wolf hybrid, who could make sense of the gods whims.

He just tried to abide by them and serve them. The fact she seemed to disregard his shamanic body paint though, The work he had done in the gods honour with his own blood no less, was what made him question at her origin. He would reserve judgement on this goddess for the time being, for now he would play along and serve her as he saw fit.  

He watched her graceful movements as she stepped aside for him, was it right to lead her? Shouldn’t he follow her? No! she had said lead and so he would, without hesitation, who was he to question the gods. He bowed his head low then spoke in his rich dulcet “I will take you to where ever you wish My Lady, First I need to retrieve something and then we shall be on our way

He moved quickly not wasting a single motion, his practiced movement swift and calculated not for grace but for energy conservation. He moved into a bush and retrieved several herb laden skulls, one of a moose and one of a similarly large wolf both skulled were lashed together with twisted dried vines, both skulls were almost over flowing with herbs there were some wooden tools lashed to the antlers of the moose skull among other things, and these things together clicked and rattled as he moved to return to the lady’s side

He looked her over again and decided she’d likely wanted conversation so he nosed through the wood tools hanging from the antlers until he found a stick in the shape of a C. Vein tugged it free with practiced ease and hooked one end through the vine on the moose skull then readjusted his grip and hooked the other side through the vines attached to the wolf skull then he set the tool down and flipped it over his nose and slid himself under his burdens; the vines and stick sliding over his head and down his neck until it came to rest at his shoulders, he then stood up taller and the portable herb caches lifted easily off the ground, they hung from him like saddle bags would from a horse or pack animal

Vein smiled at her, “Now I am free to talk My Lady, I will not have to stop and set these down every time we’d like to converse.” He decided to explain his actions, then he lifted his white painted head and scented the air again looking for the sulphuric smell he had scented earlier. The stirring of the wind did not help but soon he picked it up and once he was sure of his direction he made eye contact with her again, drinking in the beauty of her orbs before speaking “Lets us be off” He gave her yet another bow before turning his caches clicking and banging as he moved, if she wanted to go unnoticed that wasn’t going to be a possibility with him at her side.  

He made his way in a northerly direction with only a slight westward cant and as they traveled he kept his nose up to adjust their direction as needed, since seeing anything with the growing snowfall was going to be difficult and not helpful anyway. He he kept an eye on on his travel companion in his peripheral, He decided to test her just a little. His voice was warm rich and just a little to casual “I have not yet been to the hot springs yet, I only know that they are there because the gods told me. And of course the smell of moist Sulphur being brought to me on the winds of this weather change” He watched her reaction to his mention of gods very carefully from the corner of his eye, he’d make his assumptions based on her response or lack-there-of
Messages In This Thread
oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 01, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 02, 2021, 03:28 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 02, 2021, 10:45 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 07:00 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 03, 2021, 10:13 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 03, 2021, 11:54 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 06, 2021, 08:01 PM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Fawna - January 07, 2021, 09:39 AM
RE: oh sunlight, sunlight - by Vein - January 14, 2021, 10:50 PM