Hideaway Strath you are, and always have been, a revolution
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her eyebrows drew together at first, unsure what she meant when she said it was normal about now. But as she continued to speak, Simmik realized what she was talking about. She couldn't help the loving smile that slightly curved her lips. So you've helped other women have children? she asked with hesitant interest. She was beginning to think this friend of Ky's could be someone she might trust. What spurred the question and the many more she had swimming in her mind was the fact that she had absolutely no idea what to expect. Already her sides swelled ever so slightly—she had always been lean and muscular, and the roundness had never been there before. But with the visible proof of her children's existence came the very real fear that she had no clue how to deliver pups. What if something went wrong, or she did something incorrectly and harmed them in some way? Maybe Aerin could quiet some of her fears for her. 

She dipped her head, her smile growing just a little before disappearing. Thank you, she said quietly. And when the other woman brought up Ky, going as far to say that she thought Simmik was good for him, she couldn't help the surprise that briefly lifted her eyebrows before she smoothed out her expression again. She wasn't used to hearing things like that—she had only dealt with issues from the other women so far, aside from Arlette, who she had started to grow fond of. He was very different back when he first got here, she agreed. And it has not been an easy road for us to get here, but I— she broke off, realizing she was about to reveal a vulnerability she had not allowed anyone else to see other than Ky himself. She pressed her lips together and looked away. When her gaze found Aerin again, it was full of fierce tenderness. —I love him more than anything; I only want him to be happy, and I think he needs wolves like that in his life. Ones that could be vicious if needed but also offer him a place free of judgement from his past mistakes. Her expression shifted again, and the moment of softness was gone. 

Irritation filled her expression as Aerin recounted how she came to be injured. The name Whrist had her clenching her jaw in anger. She attacked you for no reason? Simmik asked, her tone cool, although it was clear she was displeased to hear that she was attacked by a member of the pack without any provocation. 

No, she said quickly, shaking her head. You don't need to apologize. Whrist is impulsive, and what she did was wrong. We don't treat our own that way if they haven't done anything to deserve it. She released a quiet, frustrated sigh. I will talk to Ky about it. She knew he would be angrier than she was, and she needed to talk to him anyway.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Necahual - February 14, 2021, 08:41 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 16, 2021, 12:46 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 16, 2021, 06:33 PM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 21, 2021, 01:01 AM
RE: you are, and always have been, a revolution - by Simmik - February 26, 2021, 02:06 AM