Broken Antler Fen i drive into corning, and all the spindles whine
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen wanted to argue that a yearling was hardly a good care for a person with a broken leg, but she kept this to herself for two reasons: first, she did not want to doubt Arcturus's judgement and, second, why should she care about a woman, who felt hatred towards her. Therefore she was glad that he changed the subject until she heard, what it was. She did not reply right away and sighed, wondering, what should she tell him and how to deliver it in a way that he understood and did not attempt to argue with her. 

Because he was stubborn and on more than one occasion all her rational reasons, why this would not work out, did not phase him. He let them slide. He did not listen. She told that she was too old for him and joked that she was about to die soon. He argued fiercely that she was not old and was not going to die. She had told him that it did not seem fair for him to give up a dream about having a family, he decided that he could live without it. She had offered him to be a leader, to live up to his potential, he told that he was not suitable for that ever. She had asked him to go and mend things with his family. He had refused until there was no longer a family to turn to.

She had half-promissed him to try and see, what happened, but it had not. And from a friend, whose company she had enjoyed immensely, he had become someone she rather felt happier going than coming. For the fear of this very question. For the pressure of those expectations - when will you love me? Why was it so that being a friend was suddenly not enough for him? And if it was meant to be, why was it so hard? Why did she feel like she wanted to flee this instant than to ever reply to that question? Because he would not give up. He would come up with a reason on, how to shuffle his needs again and wait patiently for things to change. Even if it took forever. Even if it meant never.

Sad, how declarations of love ruin friendships. Wraen looked up at him and felt remorse for, what she was about to say or what the implications for that were going to be. She was willing to risk it - not only for his own good but for her own peace of mind. "No," she told him calmly, her green eyes meeting his firey gaze. "I don't want this," she said. "I am very sorry, Arthur!"
Messages In This Thread