Birth 
TIME FOR BABIES
forward dated to 3/30, set for early morning before sunrise
please let @Kynareth Deagon post first
Alduin, Tulok, and @Atka--i'll tag the pups again when it's their turn to post
for everyone else, no posting order
@Arlette @Aerin
@Vein is welcome too, but simmik may not be happy if he comes into the den
anyone else is welcome to post as well! it's aw!
to keep things moving for the sake of the pup players, new rounds start every 24 to 48 hours

She was used to getting almost no sleep at this point—she was huge and rarely found any position that was comfortable. She wasn't sure how much longer she could take being so round. But as it turned out, she wouldn't have to wait any longer. At first, she wasn't sure what the hell was going on; she felt restless and anxious. Her sides had started to ache more than normal, eventually turning into something far more painful than an ache. 

Her pacing and soft sounds of pain had kept Ky from sleeping as well. He watched her worriedly, asking if she needed him to call for the healers. At first she wouldn't let him—she didn't want to disturb them unnecessarily, especially with Arlette being pregnant herself. But after an hour or so, the pain intensified, and she started to worry something was wrong. Maybe it was time for the children to finally make their appearance—she wasn't sure because she had no idea how to do this or what it should feel like. 

She collapsed down next to him, sitting awkwardly and closing her eyes as an other wave of pain came. Her face scrunched up as she waited for it to pass and then she looked to her husband. Maybe you should call the healers. There's some pain, and I don't know why; I want to make sure the children are okay. Fear made the lines of her face rigid as her mind went crazy with all the awful possibilities. 

Whatever he decided to do then, she didn't know—she could no longer focus on Ky or anything else. Pain moved down the muscles of her abdomen and instinct seemed to take over. Somehow, she knew she needed to push this time, and so she did, terrified of what might come next. She had little time between each wave of pain, but when she did have a reprieve, she would slide back down to the ground and pant, lifting her front half back up when the pain started again. 

At some point, she felt Ky near, but she was too focused on whatever was happening to her—it was hard to think about anything but the pain and need to push. She wasn't sure how long it took but finally something came from all her effort. A giant, puppy-sized mass covered in some kind of sac. Unsure how she knew what to do but doing it anyway, she used her teeth to free their first son (Alduin), cleaning him up immediately after and pulling him close to her. She ran her nose lightly through his dark fur. He was alive and seemed fine, but she would feel better with one of the healers checking to make sure. Slowly her gaze lifted and searched for the golden eyes she knew so well, eager to see Ky's own reaction to the large bear of a puppy now ravenously eating.
Inuttuk
Common
Messages In This Thread
A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere - by Simmik - March 29, 2021, 07:00 PM