Hideaway Strath A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth wait and wait for her to come back to them. Though, he’s not quite sure what to do with the stillborn pup he has before his paws and he takes a long minute to stare at her. The dark fur of the female that never got to see the light or live life like her brothers. He decides the only thing to do is consume her. It’s necessary. Give her life force back to the one who had given her life. 

Kyn would grab her in his jaws and move out of the den, looking around to all that would surely meet his eyes. He would give them a single look that would tell them everything. Though it would not be one of sadness, he would go a little ways away and drop her gently before him and stare more. For some reason, he’s having a harder time doing this than he expected. He’d seen his father kill his late brothers even when they were healthy and have already lived some of their short lives, but this seems different somehow. Mehrunes would chastise his if he saw his hesitation; would call him weak and order him to get it over with. So he does. 

He takes her small form in his maw and when his teeth make the first bite he winces at the sickening crunch that meets his ears and the blood that fills his mouth. This is sick. Sure, he has no problem killing puppies, something he shouldn’t really be proud of, but still it being his own makes his stomach turn. He does it anyway. Crunch after sickening crunch he consumes the flesh he and Simmik had made as one. It’s over sooner rather than later, he doesn’t try to savor it. He just needs it to be over. 

He didn’t go too far away so surely the other pack members see him consuming the poor pup that never got the chance to live. Finally it’s over and he laps at his whiskered lips and tries to get the taste out of his mouth. As he saunters back, his expression would be settled in one of discomfort, but still fairly emotionless. He would move to stand by his wife once more with the grim news in mind that he would have to tell her what happened when she wakes.

It’s only some time that when she finally does. She moves and lifts her head, looking about her belly and hocks for their only daughter. She asks him the question of the hour and his golden eyes flick up to her with a soft look in his eyes. Almost apologetic. It was necessary though.

“She didn’t make it, darling.” He whispers back moving closer to her. How the hell is he supposed to eloquently say that he fucking ate her? “I had to...consume her. Take back her life.” He says softly. Hoping Simmik would understand why he did so. “I-“ he begins. “I named her Meridia.” He says. It was dishonorable not to name an unborn pup in his family.
Messages In This Thread
RE: A melody softly soaring through my atmosphere - by Kynareth Deagon - April 18, 2021, 04:58 PM