Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
M E E T K A T : ' )

His words made her frown thoughtfully. She didn't answer his question right away, thinking over what he'd said and reading between the lines despite herself. It sounded like he didn't particularly plan to take the kids back to the caldera anytime soon. Meerkat followed the logic there, though there was something she didn't understand.

"You could go and visit her, just you," she said, "just for a few hours. Maegi and Mou can look after them for a few hours, can't they? Dad..." But she didn't really know what she wanted to say. She felt disappointed and heartbroken on Towhee's behalf, though she had no desire to make Phox feel bad. This whole situation was so impossible.

"I'll keep searching for Prevost and Tierra," she said in reply to his query, "but... after I get some sleep. I'm dead on my feet." It was more than that; out of the blue, she felt so incredibly defeated, and beyond exhausted.

Was it really out of nowhere though? For months now, Meerkat had dedicated most of her time looking out (or out looking) for her loved ones, trying to pick up all the broken pieces and hold them together. She had willingly committed herself to this endeavor, because she loved her family and wanted them whole.

But everything continuously, inevitably fell apart. A sense of hopelessness suddenly threatened to overwhelm her. The timing didn't particularly make sense but, honestly, it was a long time coming. Phox and Niamh; Towhee and Reyes; their (missing) kids; even Bronco and Fennec: it was a lot. And there was no end in sight, much less a happy one.

She hung her head for a moment before lifting it and reaching out to kiss Phox on the cheek. She stifled the urge to repeat what she'd said about visiting Towhee. Instead, Meerkat promised, "We'll catch up s'more later, dad," and then turned to find someplace to rest.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Washi tape candles - by Phox - July 07, 2021, 06:58 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Meerkat - July 07, 2021, 07:22 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Phox - July 08, 2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Meerkat - July 08, 2021, 05:12 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Phox - July 12, 2021, 08:52 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Meerkat - July 12, 2021, 11:24 PM
RE: Washi tape candles - by Phox - July 21, 2021, 07:16 AM