Ouroboros Spine pijannituk ⩅
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
it was a bad thing, that lótë spoke of herself in such a dark way. she shook her head. "aiolos does not see children as a burden. when we made our first meeting, i carried the children of the blackfox, and he was already taataa." the duck was caring with each word that she chose to say aloud.

"sialuk hunts for us. shikoba hunts for us. kigipigak hunts for us." zane had faded from their borders, a fact that moonwoman knew. but that had always been the speaking between them. bitter grass knife stayed only until it did not.

she hoped that her kinsman would find delight for himself. and perhaps a purpose.

"we will share two sleeping places. when the aniqdus have found their place inside moonglow, maybe then it will be a time to find an ulaq that is larger, for sun man and his two wives." the thought thrilled her. it was as if lótë's acceptance of her way, of a true way she had known for all her days, brought a deep joy to the duck.

the cloudberry painter spoke of love. moonwoman breathed out in reverence and reached to brush the gentle cheek, gone slim now with pain and tiredness. "if a man comes to us who moves your spirit and your body, then go to him first. and when you have decided he is fit to be angutik, you will bring a great respect to his hearth: that you are favoured by sun and moon of this village."

a large dowry, their regard to be added to the skills cultivated over these long months. kukutux knew the finery that her sister was able to create; she had seen the delicate pieces of cured leather and the way that always, the painting-woman had kept her ulaq composed and herself well-held.

lótë would be well within her rights to ask anything she wished of a new husband. aiolos and the duck would not seek to hold her when she wished to leave them. the happiness of her sister was placed higher above any wish kukutux might have for herself in this.

"you will be wife to aiolos and anaa to our children." she would call herself ajâtsuk, but these words would be used forward and back. "i will speak to him. i will ask him formally. and then i think that aiolos would wish to share words with you."

but it would be some time. kukutux breathed a long breath. "you do not need now to sleep alone, lótë." for the long dark would come, and those nights were the most silent among them all.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
Messages In This Thread
pijannituk ⩅ - by Kukutux - September 25, 2021, 06:40 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Lótë - September 25, 2021, 10:56 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Kukutux - September 26, 2021, 11:57 AM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Lótë - September 26, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Kukutux - September 26, 2021, 08:59 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Lótë - September 26, 2021, 10:01 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Kukutux - September 27, 2021, 03:34 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Lótë - September 30, 2021, 01:03 PM
RE: pijannituk ⩅ - by Kukutux - October 13, 2021, 08:31 AM