Blacktail Deer Plateau now I know the boy gettin' restless
godkiller; bleeding golden ichor
737 Posts
Ooc — delaney
Warrior
Seer
just know if the bones do not spin a favorable thread that the threads can change. they show me what can be. nothing is set in stone. but thus far...have they been wrong? perhaps not accurate: the creation of basilica was not built on bloodshed, on war.

none at sacararium had to die for it and he had not usurped to get what he wanted. but that wasn't entirely true. he'd sacrificed an unlucky soul that had came across him.

a necessary evil.

for a long moment ingram is still. with baudelaire's want held firm in the forefront of his mind, ingram grasps the rabbit skin, giving it a small shake of his head, the bones rattling within before he places it back to the ground.

he stares at the bones, at the marks his teeth had worried into them until there is only him and the bones and the soft pressure of baudelaire's shoulder against his; tethering him.

his vision swims and his eyes close; the bones imprinted upon his mind: taking shape as the voice of the voidwraiths, of the commanders rise in his head. a low hum until words begin to take shape.

a crescent moon. snow dusting the ground. a sacrifice laid bare, baudelaire's crown and muzzle marked with blood.

wocha, wocha, wocha — over and over until the word rends itself from betwixt his lips. wocha.

the want to read his own threads is a temptation that tugs furiously at him but he presses his shoulder harder against baudelaire's, relying on him to bring him back to the physical real. he draws in a breath, having been holding it, and shifts away slightly, nudging the furs over the bones so he is not further tempted.

they still call to him; like a siren's song trying to lure a sailor to his death.

the threadbones speak a path of greatness, of forged bonds. the commanders and voidwraiths spoke wocha to me. in my native tongue, it means chieftan. but to ingram, he does not take this to mean that the other man will be a threat. though he has given no real thought of other leadership roles beyond his own, he tucks this idea way.

it is still too soon. too early. but he would not forget.

magick, threadbone reading & 'godhood' is to be taken purely with a grain of salt and are written to be creations of ingram's imagination and religious faith.
sold my soul for a cigarette
Messages In This Thread
now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 15, 2022, 03:39 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 15, 2022, 03:52 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 15, 2022, 04:00 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 15, 2022, 06:37 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 15, 2022, 06:43 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 15, 2022, 07:04 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 15, 2022, 07:13 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 15, 2022, 07:22 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 15, 2022, 07:28 PM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 16, 2022, 05:01 AM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 16, 2022, 08:24 AM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Ingram - October 22, 2022, 05:23 AM
RE: now I know the boy gettin' restless - by Syrax - October 27, 2022, 05:50 PM